Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Fishy Smell?

@monicakm Your post brought tears to my eyes. Bless all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Yes, you should call the company (talk to a chemist maybe?) or ask Shanus. She's a chemist. She knows a lot. You can look for her on this thread.

@Judaline  - @SilleeMee  is the chemist.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Yes, you should call the company (talk to a chemist maybe?) or ask Shanus. She's a chemist. She knows a lot. You can look for her on this thread.

@Judaline  - @SilleeMee  is the chemist.

Ooooops! I knew that!!!!! (thanks)

Honored Contributor

So I emailed PC about the fishy smelling product (moisturizer).  They replied with telling me they don't add any fragrance to their products.  Everything is in it's raw natural form (maybe they should add fragrance).  I told them I'd like to try another tube if this is not the norm...maybe I got a bad batch.  They didn't offer to send out another tube and just issued a refund and cancelled my auto-ship (that I didn't sign up for).  I don't foresee ordering from this company again but that's ok.  There are plenty of companies I DO like and don't have fishy smelling products.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

So I emailed PC about the fishy smelling product (moisturizer).  They replied with telling me they don't add any fragrance to their products.  Everything is in it's raw natural form (maybe they should add fragrance).  I told them I'd like to try another tube if this is not the norm...maybe I got a bad batch.  They didn't offer to send out another tube and just issued a refund and cancelled my auto-ship (that I didn't sign up for).  I don't foresee ordering from this company again but that's ok.  There are plenty of companies I DO like and don't have fishy smelling products.

@monicakm - I've been ordering from PC for years but will admit that the one time I had to deal with their customer service, I was not impressed.  Got a very snarky response back to a question I had on one of their products.  Over the last few months, I have slowly stopped buying from them and finding less expensive (even with their sales) alternatives that I like just as much but there is one product that I love and works so well for me so will continue to buy that.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm & @JudyL 

I have never had to deal with Paula's Choice customer service that I recall.  I hate hearing that y'all had a bad experience.

I've been trying Naturium products lately and like them just as much as the PC products.  Naturium seems to have similar products for most of the PC products I use, so I'm slowly stopping all other skin care lines I've experimented with over the last year or two, and sticking with PC and Naturium, along with a few WEN skincare products.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Chondrus Crispus is Irish moss (sea moss) and can have a fishy smell. Also, the mushroom ingredient is reishi mushroom which can have a fishy smell. If the smell is light and fades, I wouldn’t worry, but if it’s a strong or lingering fishy odor, that could mean the product has spoiled and I would return it.
Honored Contributor

@cassiem 

Thank you but they told me to keep the product and they would take me off auto-ship, which I was never on.

The odor was mild and faded completely after I put it on my face. But still, my skin care is a enjoyable part of my morning and evening routines. I also enjoy fragrance in my skin care so to have a product smell fishy doesn't make for a experience.