Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice 2% Liquid BHA Users - Question, Please?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

If you don't mind me asking, how were you making your own bha pads? What kind of solution did you use? Thanks.

@SilleeMee Not BHA, I was making my own AHA pads using the pads mentioned above and the Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum (it's renamed to something else now).  I had a jar that a manageable stack of the little cotton pads fit in and I just poured the liquid product over them until they were all saturated.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have some of the Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA.  Where do you get the thin round pads?

@haddon9  I found them on Amazon a couple of years ago (VOV Round Facial Pad).  They are super thin, single thickness.  They were so inexpensive, I bought a slew of them.  They did come from overseas so I had to wait awhile to receive delivery, but they've worked very well for my intended purpose.  On the product listing, the reviews/star rating doesn't look so good because people are complaining about them being too thin.  IMO, the buyers didn't pay attention to what they were ordering.  They're exactly what I wanted.  There are some other thin pads listed, but the ones I've seen are square. 

@JeanLouiseFinch . Thanks so much!  I'm going to give these a try!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have some of the Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA.  Where do you get the thin round pads?

Amazon-  So Beauty 300pcs VOV Round White Facial Cotton Pads for Make Up 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Amazon-  So Beauty 300pcs VOV Round White Facial Cotton Pads for Make Up 

@Valstybaby Thank you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow, talk about service!  I placed my PC order last night and received a shipping notice this morning.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch,

How many pads do you think will the PC bha bottle cover? 

Trusted Contributor

What a fabulous idea! $2.14 for 300 pads? Free S&H!  I'm going to save an empty PTR and/or Dr D jar for this purpose, maybe even for Essence too.  The amount of product wasted with splash ons is significant.  It's just a bit annoying, no real deterrent, but your method will be faster and easier and I'll use the products more consistently.

I ordered cotton eye mask pads months ago and haven't received them yet.  The overseas bargains take patience.  Love the cotton full face sheet mask pads too. They're like thin tee shirt material, so soft and malleable .  I wet them with essence, plop them on over Cucumber gel mask for an after peel soothing hydrator.  Much less expensive than the prepackaged PTR sheets!

always wondered how PC 2% BHA could be so reasonably priced.  I'm sure it's because of factoring in the volume soaked up by a traditional cotton pads.  Need to order more before the new owners read something like this posting and raise the prices. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

@SilleeMee I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know.  I never bothered to count them out when I used them with the AHA liquid.  Since they're so inexpensive, you could start out with a couple of packages.  If you like the system, then order more while you're still using the first amount so you have them ready when you're going to run out.  They do come from overseas so shipping will take longer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI about the pads.  They can be used for other purposes too.  Make a batch with micellar water, to remove eye makeup, or a batch with nail polish remover, for instance.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

@SilleeMee I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know.  I never bothered to count them out when I used them with the AHA liquid.  Since they're so inexpensive, you could start out with a couple of packages.  If you like the system, then order more while you're still using the first amount so you have them ready when you're going to run out.  They do come from overseas so shipping will take longer.  

Please be aware these pads are very thin so the PC BHA would cover a lot of them.