Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice 2% Liquid BHA Users - Question, Please?

@Valstybaby wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

How many pads do you think will the PC bha bottle cover? 

@SilleeMee I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know.  I never bothered to count them out when I used them with the AHA liquid.  Since they're so inexpensive, you could start out with a couple of packages.  If you like the system, then order more while you're still using the first amount so you have them ready when you're going to run out.  They do come from overseas so shipping will take longer.  

Please be aware these pads are very thin so the PC BHA would cover a lot of them. 

@Valstybaby  Exactly.  The thinness really needs to be stressed so people understand what they're getting.  They are single thickness, probably a little thinner than a Dr. Denese or PTR pad (but a similar idea), no embossed quilting, very, very basic.  But that's exactly what I wanted so there would be minimal waste of product.  

Honored Contributor

I know exactly what the pads are @JeanLouiseFinch. I've bought them before and they are perfect for this type  bha / aha application. I think the trick will be figuring out just how much liquid to pour onto the pads before they become too saturated and dripping. It's not rocket science, but it might take some figuring.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

What a fabulous idea! $2.14 for 300 pads? Free S&H!  I'm going to save an empty PTR and/or Dr D jar for this purpose, maybe even for Essence too.  The amount of product wasted with splash ons is significant.  It's just a bit annoying, no real deterrent, but your method will be faster and easier and I'll use the products more consistently.

I ordered cotton eye mask pads months ago and haven't received them yet.  The overseas bargains take patience.  Love the cotton full face sheet mask pads too. They're like thin tee shirt material, so soft and malleable .  I wet them with essence, plop them on over Cucumber gel mask for an after peel soothing hydrator.  Much less expensive than the prepackaged PTR sheets!

always wondered how PC 2% BHA could be so reasonably priced.  I'm sure it's because of factoring in the volume soaked up by a traditional cotton pads.  Need to order more before the new owners read something like this posting and raise the prices. Thanks!

No one I know who uses this uses cotton pads with her BHA liquid products- we all pour a little in our hand and pat it on our faces. One bottle always lasts close to 6 months using it every day. It IS very reasonably price but has gone up over the years, just like everything else. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze, I'm still working on the bottle I opened in August of last year. I probably have about a quarter of it left. And I use a very healthy amount once a day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze, I'm still working on the bottle I opened in August of last year. I probably have about a quarter of it left. And I use a very healthy amount once a day.

@suzyQ3 I guestimated intially but just out of curiosity, I just looked back through my order history and the last time I bought mine was in the beginning of October and I still have about 1/4 of it left too. So yeah more like 7 months at least! Crazy because most products don't last that long and certainly not at that price!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze...a thought just came to my mind. I wonder if it would still do its job if we poured it in a little spray bottle and lightly mist our skin? Have you (or anyone else reading this) tried that? I personally use a cotton ball, but it just hit me I have a little travel sized spray bottle that might be an option.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@HappyDaze...a thought just came to my mind. I wonder if it would still do its job if we poured it in a little spray bottle and lightly mist our skin? Have you (or anyone else reading this) tried that? I personally use a cotton ball, but it just hit me I have a little travel sized spray bottle that might be an option.

@SurferWife  Funny you should mention this.  I usually use my hands to apply my Korean first essence, but it's in a rather large bottle.  Until now, I've always just taken that big bottle with me when we travel a couple of days here and there.  Lately, though, I've decided that I want to take smaller amounts of products with me and thought a misting bottle would be a good way to use the first essence.  After misting, the pat and press method could still be employed.  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife No, I 've never tried that. I wouldn't want to get the BHA near my eyes and sprays are hard to control. I don't find squeezing a bit in my hand and applying it to my face to be too cumbersome so I just stick with that. Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

When the product first came out you had the option to buy a spray bottle top to put on it. I still have one that I saved for nostalgia. I still would end up spraying it into my hands to apply because I didn't want any near my eyes.

PC currently sells a spray bottle version for the body but the formula is different and it has a weird scent to it.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe gauze pads would work. They are nice and thin and I believe that you can purchase them Pre- sterilized. Any thoughts?

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning