Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice 2% Liquid BHA Users - Question, Please?

[ Edited ]

I'm out of my liquid AHA that I make my pads with and am thinking about trying PC's 2% BHA since there's a sale and free shipping right now.  What I would do with my AHA is stack a bunch of thin pads in a jar and pour the liquid over them.  I'd like to do the same with the PC BHA.  Barring the argument about jarred products and air exposure, does anyone know of a reason why I couldn't, or shouldn't, do that?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice 2% Liquid BHA Users - Question, Please?

As long as they remain nice and most, I can't off the top of my head think of a problem with doing that.

Personally, I prefer to put some in my hands and pat it all over my face, neck and chest because I worry that my cotton pads would absorb too much of the product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

As long as they remain nice and most, I can't off the top of my head think of a problem with doing that.

Personally, I prefer to put some in my hands and pat it all over my face, neck and chest because I worry that my cotton pads would absorb too much of the product.

I would agree, if they were they typical cotton rounds, but I have very paper thin ones that are more similar to other pad products.  If there was too much product, I could squeeze a little out or cut them in half, the way PTR often recommends.  I'm not opposed to the patting/pressing method, as I do that with my Korean essence.  The only possible drawback would be if a little accidentally got into the corner of the eye.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm out of my liquid AHA that I make my pads with and am thinking about trying PC's 2% BHA since there's a sale and free shipping right now.  What I would do with my AHA is stack a bunch of thin pads in a jar and pour the liquid over them.  I'd like to do the same with the PC BHA.  Barring the argument about jarred products and air exposure, does anyone know of a reason why I couldn't, or shouldn't, do that?  

That's exactly what I do.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have some of the Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA.  Where do you get the thin round pads?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I would agree, if they were they typical cotton rounds, but I have very paper thin ones that are more similar to other pad products.  If there was too much product, I could squeeze a little out or cut them in half, the way PTR often recommends.  I'm not opposed to the patting/pressing method, as I do that with my Korean essence.  The only possible drawback would be if a little accidentally got into the corner of the eye.

@JeanLouiseFinch, yes, the cotton rounds I use for other purposes are not so thin as it yours probably are.  I think you should be okay with this method.

If you do sometimes want to press or pat, I wouldn't worry about getting into your eye at all. I do pat all around my eye but have never had a problem at all any more than I can imagine if using a pad.

HTH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have some of the Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA.  Where do you get the thin round pads?

@haddon9  I found them on Amazon a couple of years ago (VOV Round Facial Pad).  They are super thin, single thickness.  They were so inexpensive, I bought a slew of them.  They did come from overseas so I had to wait awhile to receive delivery, but they've worked very well for my intended purpose.  On the product listing, the reviews/star rating doesn't look so good because people are complaining about them being too thin.  IMO, the buyers didn't pay attention to what they were ordering.  They're exactly what I wanted.  There are some other thin pads listed, but the ones I've seen are square. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the input., I'm going to give the PC BHA a try.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch,

If you don't mind me asking, how were you making your own bha pads? What kind of solution did you use? Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Wow this is a good idea. I use my PC liquid BHA by pouring it into my hand and then rubbing it on my face before it runs out of my hands. When I tried to use cotton balls I feel like too much product was wasted. I am going to have to order those thin pads and try this.