Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice 1% Retinol - Anyone Try this?

On 7/8/2014 Mistic said:
On 7/8/2014 sun8shine said:
<br />
Hi Mistic,

I use it 1x per week. I use BHA 2x daily and the skin balancing serum mixed with Vit C 2x daily. The 10% I use 1x per week at night (usually Friday or Saturday) and it takes the place of the BHA for that night. It does tingle when you put it on for a few minutes. You leave it on and don't wash it off. It makes a pretty big difference - I just looked more fresh faced and my skin looked clearer when I woke up.

i am going to try a sample of the 1% clinical too.

Thank you. I am going to buy a sample, and give it a try. You said that you don't wash it off. Please tell me that it is not sticky or tacky.

The 2% BHA lotion isn't sticky. I just started using it, and I really like it. I haven't tried the BHA gel or the liquid. You'll use the one that will work best with your skin type.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 NickNack said:
On 7/8/2014 Mistic said:
<br />
Hi Mistic,

I use it 1x per week. I use BHA 2x daily and the skin balancing serum mixed with Vit C 2x daily. The 10% I use 1x per week at night (usually Friday or Saturday) and it takes the place of the BHA for that night. It does tingle when you put it on for a few minutes. You leave it on and don't wash it off. It makes a pretty big difference - I just looked more fresh faced and my skin looked clearer when I woke up.

i am going to try a sample of the 1% clinical too.

Thank you. I am going to buy a sample, and give it a try. You said that you don't wash it off. Please tell me that it is not sticky or tacky.

The 2% BHA lotion isn't sticky. I just started using it, and I really like it. I haven't tried the BHA gel or the liquid. You'll use the one that will work best with your skin type.

I agree, the 2% BHA lotion is NOT sticky at all. The 2% BHA gel is sticky (for me, at least) and the 2% liquid is nice but I prefer the 2% BHA anti-redness liquid as it is a little less sticky/heavy than the regular 2% BHA liquid.

Honored Contributor

O/T within the thread

Has anyone tried the 4% BHA foam?

It has gotten rave reviews. I ordered it today. I am hoping that it will help to continue to shrink my pores and help to fade some red marks from previous breakouts. 2 months with Paula and barely any breakout activity.

I want to pinch myself.

I did not like the foam. I know I am in the minority but it was too drying for my skin. Perhaps if she came out with a 4% in a lotion form I may try it again but for now, I am just sticking with the 2%.

Honored Contributor

O/T within the thread

It has gotten rave reviews. I ordered it today. I am hoping that it will help to continue to shrink my pores and help to fade some red marks from previous breakouts. 2 months with Paula and barely any breakout activity.

I want to pinch myself.

I use the foam twice a week and am happy with the results. I was using the 1 percent lotion daily but prefer this regimen.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 7/8/2014 HappyDaze said:

O/T within the thread

I want to pinch myself.

I did not like the foam. I know I am in the minority but it was too drying for my skin. Perhaps if she came out with a 4% in a lotion form I may try it again but for now, I am just sticking with the 2%.

I like the Resist 2% liquid the best. The foam was a little too strong for me.

Occasional Contributor

I just got a sample last week of the 1% , used it a few times. I'm not always consistent unfortunately, but was this week! I usually mix a cocktail of my vit c serum, retinol, bha, and apply, then brightening and moisturizer over. Looked at myself I the mirror last night and thought , wow, something's different, even I could tell in just a few uses. Hoping she'll have a deal on it soon!
Super Contributor

O/T within the thread

I want to pinch myself.

sun8shine, I use the 4% BHA Foam twice a week at night. The other 5 days I use the 2% BHA Gel in the morning and evening. My skin is combo/oily and this regimen isn't dry or irritating for me at all. I also use Vit C serum, Resist Ultra-light Super Antioxidant Serum and ncn copper peptides.

I'm considering moving up to retinol because of the help with pores I would get, and the anti-aging properties. I don't have many wrinkles (good genes) and I'm hoping the retinol will slow down their arrival. Smiley Happy

eta: I thought NCN used to have a 1% Retinol. All I can find now is 2% or 2% retinol with non-prescription tretinoin. I can't find anything lower?