Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula from Paula's Choice on tonight w/Shawn K!!

[ Edited ]

I take any reviews from people who are offended by the PC Team's scientific findings of their "beloved" products with a huge grain of salt. If science offends you, well, so be it. If you can offer counter scientific arguments, then I will listen. And no, "it works well for me" doesn't cut it. Seems that too much is taken personally just because people love a product to the point of being blind.

ETA: To whomever made the statement about Dana B tripping Paula B, all I have to say is that I think she (Dana) is above this kind of pettiness.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

I've never used Paula's products and still fear the moisturizers due to my absolutely horrible reaction to all things silicone (I know that she does not believe silicones can cause acne, but my skin tells me otherwise) but have been intrigued by others.  

I went ahead and ordered the BHA 2%, but I placed my order on her website instead of QVC.  I got free shipping, an 8% Mrrebates rebate, a 15% off coupon code and another $10 off promo (I ordered a few other items). The 2% ended up being less than $18 (closer to 16 if I factor in my rebate).  I'm excited to give it a try.  It won't include the small size offered on the Q, but I also got a sample set that I will use for travel if this works out.  I also got a free bronzer and 3 free samples.  

I hope that I like the products that I ordered.  They aren't very expensive if you factor in all of the discounts and free shipping available on her site.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why QVC didn't post a videoclip for the Paula's Choice item A271411  but on Paula's Choice facebook page there are some on air screengrabs and a link to a youtube video of the QVC presentation with Paula and Shawn. I'm sure if I post the youtube video link that this post will be removed so just google Paula's Choice facebook page to find it.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has posted a youtube video of the Paula's Choice item A271411 , the link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqmevSycPSY

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid w/ Travel Size with Shawn Killinger

Trusted Contributor

My initial reaction to Paula's Choice joining the QVC family is 'uh oh!'
since regularly she trashes some of their most beloved vendors, i.e., philopshy and dr. perricone.
Will this new relationship effect how she reviews the other vendors with QVC? Will her researched findings suddenly change?
Will Dana Bledsoe trip her in the lunchroom?

Something definitely has changed.  Beautypedia deleted all of Dr Denese reviews, hydroshield to makeup, everything, and entered the same tamed down, noncommittal review for each and every one I looked up.  Gone is the derrogatory comment about her claim that one product was the best then marketing more.  Gone is the sharp tongued remark about Dr D warning her customers that retinol can be irritating. Wow! one day a redaction of the unfavorable reviews the next full access to Amazon customers at prime prices ! Maybe she did sell ? 

Valued Contributor

@CoG wrote:

My initial reaction to Paula's Choice joining the QVC family is 'uh oh!'
since regularly she trashes some of their most beloved vendors, i.e., philopshy and dr. perricone.
Will this new relationship effect how she reviews the other vendors with QVC? Will her researched findings suddenly change?
Will Dana Bledsoe trip her in the lunchroom?

Something definitely has changed.  Beautypedia deleted all of Dr Denese reviews, hydroshield to makeup, everything, and entered the same tamed down, noncommittal review for each and every one I looked up.  Gone is the derrogatory comment about her claim that one product was the best then marketing more.  Gone is the sharp tongued remark about Dr D warning her customers that retinol can be irritating. Wow! one day a redaction of the unfavorable reviews the next full access to Amazon customers at prime prices ! Maybe she did sell ? 

I just checked and all the reviews are still there.

Frequent Contributor

I've mentioned this before, but I won't order something I don't need just to get free shipping, that negates the free shipping.  I like the moisture boost cleanser a lot but refuse to pay 8.99 shipping!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kiminator wrote:

I've mentioned this before, but I won't order something I don't need just to get free shipping, that negates the free shipping.  I like the moisture boost cleanser a lot but refuse to pay 8.99 shipping!

but there are sites that have free shipping with no minimum, like Nordstroms, and Paula's choice has free shipping on any sized order almost every month, as others have stated.

Respected Contributor

@Kiminator wrote:

The Dermstore also has free shipping and pretty frequent sales. I buy most of my PC products there or from her site. 

QVC Social Team

Hey everyone! @dionline@tucsongal@HappyDaze@bebe777@itsmagic@Shelbelle@CoG - just to mention a few!

I noticed your interest in Paula's Choice and didn't want you to miss her return on Friday and the charming interview @Alberti_Popaj did with her at his home. He served cinnamon pancakes - yum! Here is a link to his blog with Paula> What You Don't Know about Paula Begoun - Enjoy!