Honored Contributor

A few of you are familiar with beautypedia.com and Paula Begoun. I actually went ahead and subscribed to her site for a year and I felt it was money well spent because it was such a helpful resource. And, as many of you know, she has recently made the site "free."

Good idea, I thought, never actually expecting a refund. Well, I received an email and a choice. Do I want my refund deposited directly into my bank account? How convenient. Or...

I could choose a gift certificate for twice what my refund would be. How smart is THAT??? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Well, of course I went for the certificate because it was an opportunity to try one of Paula's products. I picked out a foundation and paid a bit of shipping. A $5.45 investment (plus the pittance my refund would have been).

So now I have a new foundation to audition. Shipping was fast -- it teleported here. I like how this company thinks. Oh, and free samples, too. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

The color seems right and it went on this morning like... well, unlike the mortar that is the superbeautiful. Don't get me wrong -- I like the philosophy product but it goes on like... like... well, like spreading Skippy peanut butter -- the crunchy variety -- on a slice of Wonder bread. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Don't know how it will all turn out, but it's fun to try something that might not need two layers of moisturizer and primer beneath it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~