Contributor

Paula Young wigs....should I?

I'm thinking of getting a wig for "fun".  You know, something I can wear for a dramatically  different look once in a while!  I was looking at some from a Paula Young catalog but I've never had a wig before.  Any suggestions, recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Young wigs....should I?

@redsnapper   I have not purchased her full wigs, but, I have many Paula Young hair pieces.  The white color matches my grey hair exactly.  I add them to my shoulder length hair to add volume. They just make me look better!  I feel good wearing them and no one suspects I am wearing a hair piece!    I usually wear my hair up.  I like that they are reasonably priced and last a long time with care. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redsnapper wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a wig for "fun".  You know, something I can wear for a dramatically  different look once in a while!  I was looking at some from a Paula Young catalog but I've never had a wig before.  Any suggestions, recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

@redsnapper I've worn a wig since 2011 due to medication I have to take for an autoimmune disease I have.  I get many compliments on my "hair", the cut and color and people are shocked when I tell them it's a wig.  I have many from vouge wigs website who carry many many brands. My favorite line is by Raquel Welch.  I'm fairly new to the forums here so not sure if this will get poofed for mentioning the website, good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

What a timely thread for me as I have been considering getting one or two. I have been contemplating getting one for a variety of reasons but havent really dived into the research of them. I would like it to be natural looking. 

Respected Contributor

@redsnapper

Go for it!  Have fun with a new look!

Honored Contributor

I'd love a clip on but I can't get matched.

Respected Contributor

I  think having " extra hair" is fun! I have several. I love going to a shop and trying new styles. Have fun with it (:

Super Contributor

I did the same thing. I ordered Paula Young wigs for fun, and I have never regretted it. They are very nice and are great for those days where your hair is a mess. I take mine to the beauty shop to be triimmed, washed, etc. when needed. I love them!