Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I have to say about Patti that she is one of the few people I have ever seen lose so much weight beautifully.

I'm sure she must have faithfully used a personal trainer to work on and hit on all the right spots. She ended with her weight loss firm and fit with a beautiful shape.

She deserves much credit for one of the few able to retain her loss over years of time.

@febe1, I'll never forget the viciousness of so many here as she began to lose weight. She'd never been a favorite on the boards, but wow, people  went beserk. Everything they hated about her was now blamed on her new body.

Maybe she read some of the posts and decided that she would be darned if she'd let them get the best of her. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I have to say about Patti that she is one of the few people I have ever seen lose so much weight beautifully.

I'm sure she must have faithfully used a personal trainer to work on and hit on all the right spots. She ended with her weight loss firm and fit with a beautiful shape.

She deserves much credit for one of the few able to retain her loss over years of time.

@febe1, I'll never forget the viciousness of so many here as she began to lose weight. She'd never been a favorite on the boards, but wow, people  went beserk. Everything they hated about her was now blamed on her new body.

Maybe she read some of the posts and decided that she would be darned if she'd let them get the best of her. :-)

People think sometimes that those who lose weight "change" and not for the better, @suzyQ3.

Well, they sure do change: they become happier with themselves and proud of their accomplishment. They begin to experiment with all the clothes they never could wear before. They move differently and become full of themselves for a bit of time. As a host, she probably was sad she could not wear some of the clothes she saw others able to wear.

I don't believe I was on the forum when that went on with Patti, and although I remember her I can't remember what kind of a host she was. But I do know her weight loss was a long and difficult journey.

Super Contributor

What QVC and HSN are merging?? What, tell me more!

Esteemed Contributor

@KayinMN

There are a couple of threads on the subject on Q Talk.

Honored Contributor

I liked Patti and was sorry when she left, but I have no reason to follow any ex-hosts over the cliff to any other shopping channel. 

Trusted Contributor

People can say what they want about Patti, but she was the best at swatching products to show the colors.  I always loved her for that and knew I could count on a swatch being shown when she was on-air.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

@KayinMN  If you Google Fortune QVC HSN you'll see the article about it.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Patti was one of my favorite hosts. I don't watch shopping channels anymore but I always enjoyed her presentations and was delighted for her when she lost weight.