New Contributor

Re: Patti Reilly is a beauty icon

I remember when she left QVC, she headed out to LA....I don't know what she was going to do after QVC, I thought I would see her working for Chaz since she seemed to love working with him on the Q....I guess I'm one of the few who liked her and missed her when she left QVC

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew I recognized her.....but couldn’t think of her name!

The stiffness of her face was very noticeable to me, as she was one of the 

most expressive hosts on the Q.

Shes been “done over” or “updated”, just as the Q did with Shawn.

Shawn (sp?”) used to be “funky/original/eccentric/unique” etc.,

until Corporate stepped in.

Dont get me wrong, listening to her was .........difficult, shall we say, but

at least she did not fit the “mold” back then.

Patti was similar in that way.....a unique personality.

Oh, in channel surfing, I happened to catch Lisa R. pitching some kind of 

soap.....

{{ meow meow}}!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

First of all she looks downright amazing as she strolled out on the HSN set. Her attention to detail over every beauty product of IT cosmetics was amazing. She made it so fun and entertaining. Miss her to death on QVC. This folks is what I am talking about. Patti invented these beauty shows on shopping channel TV. Amy's Besuty report wouldnt have existed without Saturday night beauty.

@JONNYSBRO 

You always write the most delusional posts, but, at least they do make me laugh out loud.  You are very amusing. Smiley Very Happy  Entertaining others is a gift. Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

I don’t miss her on QVC at all!  To me she is the definition of “making coffee nervous.”  She just couldn’t stop taking. I finally quit watching all of her shows. 

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@JONNYSBRO 

Pardon me but, beauty icons are in a category that Patti will never attain. Patti is a TV pitch woman, nothing more.

ICON?? Really as stretch.  Jacie got it right, A good Pitch woman and she looks good.  

Trusted Contributor

An icon is someone who is revered through the ages.  A beauty icon might be someone like Grace Kelly...

In that context, the notion of PR as a beauty icon is laughable. I did go back to see the video of her on HSN, I had forgotten about her fake, unnerving, baby girl voice.

Respected Contributor

never heard of her!

Respected Contributor

I don't understand the statement a few are saying on this post ''Patti likes Patti".  What exactly does that mean?

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda 

It means that Patti is self-absorbed. She is famous for never shutting up and never allowing anyone else to speak! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Jacie  Thanks for the clarification..I can name several hosts, past or present, that fit that discription of not letting anyone else speak.