Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Sublime Perfection Foundation

I finally got a sample of this foundation from Sephora.  I'm not going anywhere today but wanted to just apply the foundation to see if it's "all that".  Well auto pilot kicked in and before I knew it, I had an entire face on Smiley Happy

It is indeed very nice.  I applied it with a brush.  With the appropriate application of skincare prior to foundation, almost any foundation can go on good and look good, it's how it wears/oxidizes.  I lightly powdered the t-zone even tho I'm not oily.  The foundation has a little bit of sheen that I wanted to knock down.  If it was in the middle of the winter, I would have left it alone.  But per usual here in Texas we went straight from winter to summer.  I've had it on about 45 minutes.  And guess what???  I have the thermostat on 75 and kept it there the whole time I was putting on my face.  Yes it's a big deal.  Normally I would have to turn the temp down to 73 and still sweat.  My sweating drops have kicked in sooner than usual Smiley Happy 

I think this is the 4th day and last year it took 10 days.  Thank you God!  Oh my, it just dawned on me I'm sitting here in the office and don't have the table top fan on Smiley Happy  

For today's face (for going nowhere), I have on the PM foundation/NYX Bare With Me concealer/Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder under my eyes (it's white)/Kosas  baked powder, NYX Thick It Stick It brow/Ardell or Kiss lashes/Nars Blush in Thrill/Juvia's Place Bronzing Duo in Light/Colourpop SSS in Frog and Arabian Nights/Juvia's Place Royal Blue eyeliner on bottom lashline/Urban Decay lipgloss in Big Bang.  No one here but me to see it.  DH is at the hospital visiting his nephew with the amputated leg.  Same nephew, while still in the hospital, developed a heart condition and had to have open heart surgery (sigh).  

Honored Contributor

Re: Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Sublime Perfection Foundation

I'm actually wearing the same foundation, I got a sample and liked it so much, I ordered the full size in Light 3. It is flawless, even in sunlight. It's definitely a bit more than I like to pay, but I'd say it's worth it.  A little goes a long way as it's kind of watery when it comes out but dries down to a nice medium coverage. I might get a darker shade for summer too. 

I also tried the Lancome Skin Feels Good tinted moisturizer and like that one too but I need to get a different color. It's so moisturizing but not greasy and it covers a bit more than other tinted moisturizers I've used before. My skin loves this! I got the 02C cool natural blonde and it was too orange on me. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

I didn't need to read how much you liked the PM foundation!  I had (rightly so) decided I simply don't need it no matter how nice it is.  Now I'm questioning my decision LOL  I'm easily influenced.  I checked it a little while ago and it's still looking nice.  If it oxidized it wasn't enough for me to notice.

I'll put it in my Sephora basket and think about it.  Maybe it's on eBay for less.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

I found it (shade 3) on eBay from a seller I've purchased from before.  He has a 99.4% rating with 48,429 sales.  That works!  And he takes returns.  I use "light neutral" in 98% of the foundations I have so I feel fairly confident in this shade.  #5 was my second option if eBay didn't have #3.  It was $37.95.  I have on #8 from the sample card and it's still looking good...just a wee bit darker than I usually wear.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm awesome! I hope it works out for you. I'll check on eBay if I decide to get another one in a little darker color. In most foundations, I'm the second to the lightest, depending on how they "score" it and a little darker in the summer or I pretend to be!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad (after all) that I ordered the PM foundation.  DH came home and commented on how beautiful I looked Smiley Happy  I asked him what he first saw that made him say that and he said my skin looked like satin (or was it velvet?).  

Am I going to like this more than the Nars Radiant Foundation?  I just might Smiley Surprised  It's less than than the Nars foundation when ordered from eBay.  I've been waiting months for Sephora to offer this as a sample.

Honored Contributor

I'm usually that light too.  Rarely I'll be a light med.  If #3 is too light, I'll return it and reorder.  It's still looking good and I just remember to check my concealer (NYX that is all the buzz right now).  It's looking great.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - I am so sorry to hear about your and DH's nephew.  Hope he will not only recover fully physically but also emotionally.  Your nephew has had some incredibly hard challenges.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Thank you.  He sure does have challenges Smiley Sad  Looks like financial might not be an issue tho.  He works for his ex fil who has been paying him the entire time he's been in the hospital and says he will continue to pay him till he retires Smiley Surprised