Honored Contributor

Re: Parting your hair preference

@OKPrincess - mine too.  I let it decide where it wants to go and whether or not it wants to show more or less gray.  I have more gray on the right side of my head than I do on the left.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@OKPrincess - mine too.  I let it decide where it wants to go and whether or not it wants to show more or less gray.  I have more gray on the right side of my head than I do on the left.

I think when mine grows out completely, I’ll be solid gray with some dark brown. I want easy but pretty style. 

Honored Contributor

My hair is short - so I just let it part where it wants to.  Generally it's slightly left of center .... sort of aligned over my left eye.  I just flick it back with my fingers while it's wet.  It parts itself.

I learned years ago that my hair has a mind of it's own.

Contributor

Ditto. Once I had a stylist for many years who said my hair was like ",continental drift"- ie, you can't stop it from doing whatever it wants.

Also, this thread reminds me of the era my dear mother (rip) kept  nagging me to part my hair on the side instead of the middle. So I traveled to visit her and said "guess what's different?" She looked and looked and couldn't come up with anything. I had parted it on the side! Figures! Mothers and daughters, eh? !

Honored Contributor

I have had the same part for probably 60 years and it naturally parts on the left side but I can also make my hair come forward without a part (I had short, layered hair) if I want to but normally, I have the left side part.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

After parting my hair on the side for over 30 years, it tends to part itself.  If I'm wanting to blow dry right away, I use my fingers and start somewhere in the middle of the part and finish down to the hairline.  I don't care for a hard part in my hair.

Respected Contributor

After I wash my hair, I run some gel through it. I comb it all back and use my fingers to make a general left part.

After it sets for a while, I lightly use a brush to change the part to a general one on the right.

Then when my hair's actually dry I lightly brush it again, keeping a general part on the right.

Honored Contributor

With a brush, I brush to the left and to the right to see which way will give me the fullest look.  It's more of an "unkept" soft part - not a defined one.  Some women look great with a defined flat part - not me. 

Honored Contributor

I used to start from the back with a comb on the left.  Now I just brush my hair back and going from the front on the right it will fall into a natural part.