Honored Contributor

Re: Parabens...Cancer Doctor on news this morning..

No need to get on a high horse about others being close-minded or not caring about cancer just because they may have a different opinion.

I did briefly read the results of the test. It seems credible but is nuanced in terms of any concrete conclusions. It's not unusual in scientific research. I would call it half a red flag and hope that the research continues.

For now, I will not be eliminating products that I love just based on the fact that they may contain parabens.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

For what it's worth, here's a link on WebMD to a very recent study regarding parabens and a naturally occurring chemical found in breast tissue.  When the two combine, it's not a good thing.  Also, it took 100 times less than the recommended allowance for parabens to cause the reaction.  Take from it what you like, but it's important that we make the best choices on reliable information.

http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20151027/p​arabens-breast-cancer

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

For what it's worth, here's a link on WebMD to a very recent study regarding parabens and a naturally occurring chemical found in breast tissue.  When the two combine, it's not a good thing.  Also, it took 100 times less than the recommended allowance for parabens to cause the reaction.  Take from it what you like, but it's important that we make the best choices on reliable information.

http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20151027/p​arabens-breast-cancer

@RedRedHair, it's the same study.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland