Respected Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of the Year...It's Purple!

Periwinkle in many fashions IMO is hard to tell whether it is blue,lilac, grayish , combo--hard to define. I do not look good in most named that. I look washed out in dusty colors. I have seen it look great on others. 

I saw a late night host (Jimmy Fallon ? ) mentioning it and why the ones in charge chose it .Smiley LOL -- probably on You  Tube from last night.

Honored Contributor

I always had a fondness for Q's color "blue iris."

I don't see it as much recently, although A239284 is still offered in blue iris.

Some of Isaac's items also come in blue iris, such as A398788.

They are very much a periwinkle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Never have or will wear a color because someone says it is the color of the year. I wear what I think I like. This Pantone thing is just a marketing ploy so you spend money

on new clothes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own any lilac or periwinkle. I don't wear many pastel or lighter hues. I prefer jewel tones. I have one dark purple jacket that I love. I've had it for years, but that's all I own. I just don't wear purple that often. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear it in makeup as an eye shadow. 

ETA: Just remembered I have a dark purple sheath dress too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Pantone color of the year is only a marketing ploy. Next year another color will listed, so the ones in charge hope that people will fall for this and buy more. It really doesn't mean anything except for sellers, designers and models. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

It has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember and that would be when I was in the 3rd grade.  My parents bought me the most beautiful pant suite for my birthday.  The pants were purple and the tunic top was a psychedelic purple, aqua and silver.  My fav football team was the Minnesota Vikings because, yep, their jerseys were purple.  Dad and I always watched football together.  It got tense when Dallas and Minnesota played Smiley Happy  

We remodeled the master bedroom a few years ago.  Walls are purple Smiley Happy  That is a hard color to get just right.  

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 

Oh, SO pretty!  You're welcome Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It's in the purple family.  It's a shade of purple Smiley Happy

Unless it needs calibrated, my Dell Ultra Sharp Pro

monitor is an artist type IPS monitor.  It's not a year 

old so I wouldn't think it needs to be recalibrated yet.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

Cool shades of purple, pink and blue/aqua are my best colors as I'm a cool neutral.  I don't think I currently have anything in periwinkle tho.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Ohhh, I hadn't thought about makeup.  I'm positive I have it in my Norvina Vol 5 palette (if not more).  I think this color will look especially good on darker skin and brown eyes.