Honored Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of the Year...It's Purple!

I'm not familiar with Fiesta but I love a good colbalt blue.  It's the color of my car (with micro sparkles) and a silver roof

House of Kolor Cobalt Blue Candy Basecoat 12-Ounce Aerosol Spray Can

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

You're in all likelihood right about the marketing thing but it gives home, fashion and even car dealers something to do to keep things "fresh" and consumers interested and that means spending money and that's what keeps the world going 'round Smiley Wink

I won't wear a color because it's the "in" color.  Like the year the color of the year was orange or lime green.  

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Me too on the jewel toned colors.  For me to consider something red, it has to have a lot of blue in it.

Trusted Contributor

I already saw it in Marshalls today.  Right inside the front door was a stack of beautiful periwinkle sweaters.  I was so happy as I looked to check the fabric tag,  then my glee turned to sadness, it was acrylic.  No thanks, it will be pilling by the time I get it home!!

I'm so happy, it's finally the year of periwinkle.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I always had a fondness for Q's color "blue iris."

I don't see it as much recently, although A239284 is still offered in blue iris.

Some of Isaac's items also come in blue iris, such as A398788.

They are very much a periwinkle.

@GingerPeach  I just ordered A399537 about a month ago. It is that blue iris color from Isaac and is definitely periwinkle to me. The sweater is so pretty. It matches a real periwinkle handbag that Aimee Kestenberg had on her site that I bought maybe two-ish years ago. Aimee did list it as periwinkle. It's such a pleasant color.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@decaf wrote:

I already saw it in Marshalls today.  Right inside the front door was a stack of beautiful periwinkle sweaters.  I was so happy as I looked to check the fabric tag,  then my glee turned to sadness, it was acrylic.  No thanks, it will be pilling by the time I get it home!!

I'm so happy, it's finally the year of periwinkle.

@decaf  Awesome!! I'm glad you saw some periwinkle. I love when a Pantone color that I like floods the market. Yes, there will be ugly stuff. It happens but when you find that one great thing it's worth it. I'm very psyched for all the iterations to come, from clothing, to furniture, to makeup. It's a happy color.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've never looked at "Peri" and thought "oh, that's purple." I like periwinkle, to me, it's a unique shade of blue. Having a room in my home or even a wall painted periwinkle doesn't appeal to me at all, nor does the idea of periwinkle home decor accessories. I would, however, carry a periwinkle blue handbag in a second! 

Honored Contributor

"Periwinkle" is just another name for the color indigo. In fact Denim&Co makes pieces in the color they call "Indigo" and it's identical to what's being called the 'color of the year', "Peri".

Super Contributor

Yay!, My all time favorite color is Purple..