Respected Contributor

Pantene Micellar Shampoo and conditioner.

Pantene has a new product at Target for $5.99 for bottle pump Micellar Shampoo/Conditioner.

I been wondering about the "micellar" hype  is all about so  purchased this.  My goodness This cleaned my hair with little shampoo, little suds. I have very long fine to medium fine hair  of average thickness.  I used 1/2 the conditioner I would normally use. I allowed my hair to air dry without leave-ins added. OMG my hair is pin streight  without needing to flat iron and mega shine!  I am now mad at myself for buying stuff at beauty brands and all the money I spent. This stuff is amazing. I do not know about the conditioner but the shampoo itself is silicone free. I have a closet full of Salon brands  but i like this cheap pantene the most. I can not stop staring at myself. the shine, softness and my condition of my hair is great!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pantene Micellar Shampoo and conditioner.

Many years ago Pantene could only be purchased in a salon.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

Many years ago Pantene could only be purchased in a salon.

Ya i remember reading about  that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it too.I have been using it for a month or more.My thin/fine/old , natural blonde hair brightens and shines and actually feels thicker

Sometimes I use my Wen again  and when I do my hair looks awful,dark and dull.

Surprises me because I have used Wen for 13yrs.I went back to usingmy first love, Pantene  because I just couldn't stand the menthol smell of Wen anymore

.Now I am so glad I did

Wow I am old and I have used Pantene all my life ,before Wen ,I never know it was only sold in Salons.

I never  go to salons way back then and even now.........lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I love it too.I have been using it for a month or more.My thin/fine/old , natural blonde hair brightens and shines and actually feels thicker

Sometimes I use my Wen again  and when I do my hair looks awful,dark and dull.

Surprises me because I have used Wen for 13yrs.I went back to usingmy first love, Pantene  because I just couldn't stand the menthol smell of Wen anymore

.Now I am so glad I did

Wow I am old and I have used Pantene all my life ,before Wen ,I never know it was only sold in Salons.

I never  go to salons way back then and even now.........lol

I have not been to a salon in 20 years.

I have to alternate between shampoos all the time for scents bother me and have to change themout.  Salon brands seem to reduce any hair loss  and be lower in sulfates so i go high end but this pantene seemed so gentle iam guessing it may have lower sulfates than a typical product.  So I am going to make this a frequent shampoo

i tried wen. i do not hate it but a few formulas gave me a bad reaction, some i liked but was not wowed about it.  i still ise his oils tho

Respected Contributor

Does it contain sulfates?  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Yes. Sodium laureth sulphate is the second ingredient.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Yes. Sodium laureth sulphate is the second ingredient.

Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Yes. All pantene does. Also sulfates are not bad  for you in right amounts. Many sulfate free suficants  are equal in harshness to sulfates such as C12-14 olefin sulfonate found in OGX  and many if not most sulfate free shampoos.  This pantene howere seems to be extremely low in sulfates  for there is virtually no lather  to it. I have not experienced any irritation or shedding like i nomally do with drugstore sulfate shampoos

Frequent Contributor

I have using expensive shampoos & conditioners from the Q and beauty salons over the years.  Recently bought L'oreal "Ever Strong" sulfate free shampoo & conditioner in the  thickening formula for my thin fine hair. They have different formulas. My hair turned out gorgeous!  Much better than when I use the expensive ones. I am so glad I tried it. It's great!