Super Contributor

Re: Palettes - lets discuss!

On 1/19/2014 Cardamom said: MissKlynn I love Mally's Easy on the Eyes palettes too! Up until I got her palettes and more importantly her books I shied away from palettes. That LORAC pro would have been too intimidating! I would not have known what to do with all those colors. Thanks to Mally I pretty much know what to do or at least I can kind of copy one of her looks with my other palettes. This may sound silly but I really do want to use all my pallettes so I rotate them, Mally Monday and Wed. Tarte Tues. and Thurs. Lorac Fri-Sunday, I'm a dork! Smiley Wink

Not a dork at all! It's a good way to make sure you use your products. I'm doing something this year with what I call Palette Play. Basically I pull out 4 palettes for the month and use one each week.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Cardamom said: MissKlynn I love Mally's Easy on the Eyes palettes too! Up until I got her palettes and more importantly her books I shied away from palettes. That LORAC pro would have been too intimidating! I would not have known what to do with all those colors. Thanks to Mally I pretty much know what to do or at least I can kind of copy one of her looks with my other palettes. This may sound silly but I really do want to use all my pallettes so I rotate them, Mally Monday and Wed. Tarte Tues. and Thurs. Lorac Fri-Sunday, I'm a dork! Smiley Wink
I use to keep all my favorite makeup in the bathroom and would rotate every couple months. I just organized and put all my favorite makeup in containers in the bathroom closet(I have 2 little ones that get in it-my Mally palettes have shadow in the primer now). I would not be happy to come home to my Too Faced palette in pieces. That's a good way to remember what brand to use for the week. Tomorrow I'm going to use my Unzipped for the first timeSmiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Some serious favorites. I have just tried Bare Minerals shadows for the first time an I am in LOVE!

Bare Minerals Mix Master Ready 12.0 Convertible Eye Palette

Bare Minerals Ready 4.0 The Main Event

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 MrsMommaRN said:

Some serious favorites. I have just tried Bare Minerals shadows for the first time an I am in LOVE!

What a coincidence! I bought a discounted BE sampler last night and in it was a loose BE shadow. I had never used them before. My goodness, they are beautiful!
Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2014 SJanielovesJim said:
On 1/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

oooh, I forgot, I had an old Josie maran palette that included a blush and bronzer. LOVE but all gone now. Smiley Sad I wish she would go back to doing palettes but she seems more interested in skincare these days than makeup. It is a compact, travel friendly palette. Pretty rose gold casing too.

OMG!!!! I LOVE that!!! No longer available?

oh no, I think the last time I saw it anywhere was at least a few years back. Smiley Sad I'd love it she brought it or others like it, back!

Super Contributor

So if we don't count Quads or Quints as Palettes, I'm good. Otherwise I'm toast! Lol.

Chanel Quads: 10; Cle de Peau Beauté Eye Colors Quads: 6; Giorgio Armani Quads: 4; YSL Quads: 3
Let the madness begin:
Bobbi Brown City Twilight Palette
Bobbi Brown Classic Eye & Cheek Palette
Chanel Ombres Matelassees De Chanel in Charming
Dior Celebration Collection Multi-Look Makeup Palette
41ctQUpk67L.jpg

Dior Celebration Collection Palette de Maquillage Holiday

51vg8IojNSL.jpg
Dior 5 Couleurs Iridescent Palette: 649 Ready To Glow
Dior 5 Couleurs Mystic Metallics Palette: 384 Bonne Etoile
Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky Palette: 481 Smoky Khaki
Dior 5 Couleurs Palette: 440 Sunset Café
Laura Mercier Artists Eye Palette
Laura Mercier Luxe Color Portfolio
Laura Mercier Custom 6 Well Palette
Sable/Morning Dew
Chocolate/Cashmere
Gilded Pines/Cinnamon/Gold Royale/Pink Pearl
Plum Smoke
African Violet
Twilight Grey/Pale Pink/Topaz/African Violet
Laura Mercier Custom 3 Well Palette
Cafe Au Lait/Twilight Grey/Noir
Laura Mercier Book of Nudes Palette
Le Metier de Beaute Melange de Colour Eye Palette (One of my favorites)
image.jpeg
Mally Citychick I Love Color Palette (the first one only)
Urban Decay Naked 1, 2, 3
Urban Decay The Black Palette
YSL Variation Couleours Makeup Palette
1 Pressed Powder;1 Powder Blush; 4 Eyeshadows; 4 Lip Colors; Volume Effect Mascara

Super Contributor

Smaller palettes like quads are another demon lol

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/19/2014 MrsMommaRN said:

What a coincidence! I bought a discounted BE sampler last night and in it was a loose BE shadow. I had never used them before. My goodness, they are beautiful!

I love their loose and Ready shadows.

Super Contributor

I prefer palettes that do not mix powders with creams. Nor the ones that have eyeshadows and lipsticks and/or lip glosses on the same level. It gets messy and there is always transfer. I hate messy makeup and makeup cases.

Honored Contributor

I have a few eyeshadow palettes (3 Physicians Formula quads, NYX Smoke, NYX Natural, and IT Naturally Pretty Matte Lux Shadow Palette), but usually I purchase single shadows. As a rule, I'm not fond of the all inclusive palettes etc. Ordinarily it seems that in a lot of the eyeshaow quads/palettes there are some great colors, but then others that essentially get ignored. That said, I REALLY like the IT Naturally Pretty Matte Lux palette and find every color in there lovely and useable. It's the one I grab most of the time these days.