Regular Contributor

Re: Palettes - lets discuss!

Thanks guys! Funny I am thinking of logging off and taking a nap too...hoping I will snap out of it!

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Cardamom said:
On 1/19/2014 Mirage08 said:

The LORAC Pro to Go palette is on sale on Sephora's site for $28.50{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Wow!!!!! I bought it a just a few weeks ago for $42 Smiley Sad(((((. Oh well. Worth every penny. Anyone on the fence jump on this sale!

If it was only a few weeks ago, Sephora will credit you the difference if the price goes down within so many days. It might be worth it to give them a call?

Valued Contributor

On 1/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

The LORAC Pro to Go palette is on sale on Sephora's site for $28.50{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Wow!!!!! I bought it a just a few weeks ago for $42 Smiley Sad(((((. Oh well. Worth every penny. Anyone on the fence jump on this sale!

If it was only a few weeks ago, Sephora will credit you the difference if the price goes down within so many days. It might be worth it to give them a call?

Thanks Happy Daze. I actually got it from Kohls. I did earn $10 in Kohl's cash because I purchased both the Unzipped and Pro.
Honored Contributor

Thanks Happy Daze. I actually got it from Kohls. I did earn $10 in Kohl's cash because I purchased both the Unzipped and Pro.

oh and just so you know, the Pro Palette you bought is NOT the same as the Pro to Go palette Mirage mentioned. The pro to go is a smaller palette, more compact, nothing like the Pro palette. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

oh and just so you know, the Pro Palette you bought is NOT the same as the Pro to Go palette Mirage mentioned. The pro to go is a smaller palette, more compact, nothing like the Pro palette. Smiley Happy

Ohhhhh I didn't realize that!! Thanks for pointing that out. And I was already to buy backups! Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

STOP. READING. THIS. THREAD. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

That was a note to myself lol. I also became a palette addict this past year. So pretty and I just prefer having a bunch of choices all in front of me and in one place when I go to do my makeup.

I'll say I'd throw them all away and just keep the 2 palettes I got from Mally Easy on the Eyes TSV... if I was forced to of course lol. I just love that the eye primer is right there, a fabulous brush, a mirror, and stunning neutral colors. Perfect for travel and when you're in a hurry.

I also like the Tarte Bow n Go palette a lot but no primer, brush, or mirror so I just have to grab more things so it takes more time... stunning colors that I love though.

I have quite a few BE Ready palettes that are very nice too, great quality. But I just don't reach for them as much now that I have the big Mally and Tarte palettes. Same thing with the 2 Lorac quads I have.

Right now I do my makeup in the bathroom standing up, but I've been thinking about setting up a station in my home office so I could sit and lay things out. I'd bet I'd use some of those other palettes more if they were more easily at hand.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

That is such a great deal- thank you so much for sharing!

It is. I had a gift card that I didn't know what to use it on. So I got it. There also a code for 2 deluxe samples and one the the 100 point perks is a mini Formula X nail polish. So today was a good shopping day lol.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Good for you, Mirage!! That DOES make for a good beauty shopping day! Enjoy!!

OH, btw- what are YOUR fav palettes??

Original Urban Decay Naked Palette
Urban Decay Smoked Palette
Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette
Tarte palette that came in the November TSV
Laura Mercier Artist Palette (first one)
Bare Mineral Ready 8.0 palettes

I could keep going but I'll stop {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 sonnysky said:

I have the UD naked pallet and do love it....BUT it was expensive and takes up a lot of space. I am always tempted to buy others, but am working to keep myself under control....this thread is NOT helping! Smiley Very Happy

OK, sonnysky- call me an enabler- but have you seen the Coastal Scents Revealed palette? Reeeeaaly pretty, and reeeealy affordable. Got mine (shipped) for under $20.00. Check it out!

That's on my wish list too. Next time Coast Scents has a sale I may pick it up.

Valued Contributor

MissKlynn I love Mally's Easy on the Eyes palettes too! Up until I got her palettes and more importantly her books I shied away from palettes. That LORAC pro would have been too intimidating! I would not have known what to do with all those colors. Thanks to Mally I pretty much know what to do or at least I can kind of copy one of her looks with my other palettes. This may sound silly but I really do want to use all my pallettes so I rotate them, Mally Monday and Wed. Tarte Tues. and Thurs. Lorac Fri-Sunday, I'm a dork! Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

Cardamom that is a brilliant idea with your schedule! So many times I stand there in front of the mirror and hummm n hawwww over which palette to grab. Having a schedule would be so much more fun and would ensure I use some of my other eyeshadows! Mally Monday and Tarte Tuesday are just perfecto! I have some Laura Geller shadows I like too so I could give those a day of their own. Sunday Funday could be experiment day!

Might force me to rotate some of my blushes too!

Goodness now I have that Bangles song in my head... just another Manic Monday