Contributor

Re: Palettes - lets discuss!

I am a bit of a MAC snob.... Years ago I discovered MAC's empty palettes that you can buy at their stand-alone stores. I purchased the eyeshadow colors I like and depoted them (watched youtube video how-to's) and I have about 50+ (12 palettes) shadows now. I am set for life currently.

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 Cardamom said:
On 1/18/2014 Mirage08 said:

Ooooooh I loves me some palettes. Don't know how many I have and I'd probably be too embarrassed to put a number. My favorite is the original Urban Decay Naked palette. Was going to get the others but I doubt that I will. Another favorite is Urban Decay's Smoked palette. I kind of want the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (or whatever it's called). Itching to see what the final palette is on the Mally TSV from July I think it was. Lorac's Unzipped palette has peeked my interested. I know a lot of people love the Pro palette. I've swatched it a bunch of times and I'm just meh about it.

Check out the Perfect Palette Tag on YouTube. It's a fun one to watch if you're a palette lover.

I have seen a ton of Perfect Palette tags. That is how I found out about LORAC. I think youtube made me addicted to palettes! Lol. YouTube makes me feel okay about my palettes. Smiley Wink. Some of those ladies have drawers full of palettes! I too am waiting to get Mally's final palette so I am trying hard not to buy one in the mean time.

LOL! I agree. Make me feel not so bad about my stash...HA!!!! YouTube has gotten me in trouble many a time.

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/18/2014 howwhatwhen said:

I have a lot of palettes but my favorite (at the moment) is Laura Mercier Artist palette. Oh and I'm lemming the NARS NARSissist palette

Where is Narsissist available? What is the price?

$79. It was available on Nordstrom's site. I got an email from Nars about it the other day. So I guess they'll have it on their site and at counters.

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

OMG- was JUST going to start a thread about palettes!

OK...my name is Janie, and I am addicted to eye shadow palettes. LOL!

Right now my favs are:

Trish McEvoy palette- the one you could buy on her website without a planner. GREAT travel palette as it also includes an eye definer (powder liner) and eye brow product. Colors are very soft.

LONG time Fav- Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette (sold on Q a couple years ago)Includes every eye shadow shade Smashbox had ever made.

Lorac Pro Palette- these have to be the CREAMIEST eye shadows I have ever tried- LOVE this one!

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette- one word - GORGEOUS!! (also, when you order from them they send you a couple other colors thrown it- I got a small palette of 4 one of which is my new #1 fav go to shadow. It is called Rainstorm. Check it out!!) These are also some nicely pigmented, rich , buttery, long lasting shadows.

BE palette- it is gold hard cased, and contains 4 beautiful, blendable shadows and a wonderful blush shade.

What I am lusting over right now is:

Ready Shadow Quad in The Comfort Zone

Lorac Unzipped

Naked 3

It Pretty Matte

still looking for my perfect all shades of grey palette..... a girl can dream LOL

LOL Janie! So even though you have Unzipped you are still pining for Naked 3? I was totally pining for that one. I was ready to buy it but ended up with the Unzipped and figured they were too similar.

No, I OWN the Lorac Pro Palette, but would like to also have Unzipped and /or Naked 3. Which is your #1 go- to palette? Could you pick just one???? LOL (not sure I could)

Oh, I forgot about another fav of mine- it is an older Elizabeth Arden Palette- wonderful shades and coordinating blush. I reach for this one a lot also!

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

oooh, I forgot, I had an old Josie maran palette that included a blush and bronzer. LOVE but all gone now. Smiley Sad I wish she would go back to doing palettes but she seems more interested in skincare these days than makeup. It is a compact, travel friendly palette. Pretty rose gold casing too.

OMG!!!! I LOVE that!!! No longer available?

Valued Contributor

On 1/19/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

Right now my favs are:

Trish McEvoy palette- the one you could buy on her website without a planner. GREAT travel palette as it also includes an eye definer (powder liner) and eye brow product. Colors are very soft.

LONG time Fav- Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette (sold on Q a couple years ago)Includes every eye shadow shade Smashbox had ever made.

Lorac Pro Palette- these have to be the CREAMIEST eye shadows I have ever tried- LOVE this one!

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette- one word - GORGEOUS!! (also, when you order from them they send you a couple other colors thrown it- I got a small palette of 4 one of which is my new #1 fav go to shadow. It is called Rainstorm. Check it out!!) These are also some nicely pigmented, rich , buttery, long lasting shadows.

BE palette- it is gold hard cased, and contains 4 beautiful, blendable shadows and a wonderful blush shade.

Lorac Unzipped

Naked 3

It Pretty Matte

still looking for my perfect all shades of grey palette..... a girl can dream LOL

LOL Janie! So even though you have Unzipped you are still pining for Naked 3? I was totally pining for that one. I was ready to buy it but ended up with the Unzipped and figured they were too similar.

No, I OWN the Lorac Pro Palette, but would like to also have Unzipped and /or Naked 3. Which is your #1 go- to palette? Could you pick just one???? LOL (not sure I could)

Oh, I forgot about another fav of mine- it is an older Elizabeth Arden Palette- wonderful shades and coordinating blush. I reach for this one a lot also!

Honestly I picked the Pro as my favorite because I love the Lorac shadows and that one has a lot of mattes and all sorts of different colors so I love it but I grab my Mally Buff 2 palette a lot! It's always appropritate and I have never put together a look that wasn't beautiful. I have made some stunning looks with the pro but I have made some that I was not fond of. I am not loving that pewter color on me. I also love I can use the black, purple and espresso as liners. I like the Unzipped but they are all pretty much the same color with a variation on darkness. These warm colors work really well on me since I have fair skin, green eyes and reddish brown hair but I get a lot of pretty much the same looks out of it.
Valued Contributor

On 1/19/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 1/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

She had a few other palettes too (the one I had was called My Favorite Argan powders) but the one I had was my favorite. I usually don't use a bronzer but could wear this without looking too dark or muddy. Here are a few others:

Wildflower palette

Natural wonders palette

Those are so beautiful! I've never seen them. We're they on qvc? They had to be before my palette addiction Smiley Wink. I also didn't try Josie's products till about a year after she first started on qvc.

I have no idea when Josie started on QVC so I don't know if they ever were on QVC or not. When did Josie start on QVC do you know? I've only been watching QVC (beauty shows) for about a year and half or so but I bought Josie's products from Sephora and Josie's own website well before I started (or even heard of, lol) watching QVC. I think I got the Argan powders palette sometime in 2010 or so? I think some of these were in 2008, between 2008 and 2010?

Thanks Happy Daze. Smiley Happy. I had no idea Josie has been doing this so long. Seriously, she needs to put these in a TSV auto delivery! I do like the one you had the most.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Mirage08 said:
On 1/18/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/18/2014 howwhatwhen said:

I have a lot of palettes but my favorite (at the moment) is Laura Mercier Artist palette. Oh and I'm lemming the NARS NARSissist palette

Where is Narsissist available? What is the price?

$79. It was available on Nordstrom's site. I got an email from Nars about it the other day. So I guess they'll have it on their site and at counters.

I looked on the Nordstrom site but didn't see them. Wonder if it is sold out? Didn't come up on the Nars site either.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Cardamom said:
On 1/19/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

Right now my favs are:

Lorac Unzipped

Naked 3

It Pretty Matte

Honestly I picked the Pro as my favorite because I love the Lorac shadows and that one has a lot of mattes and all sorts of different colors so I love it but I grab my Mally Buff 2 palette a lot! It's always appropritate and I have never put together a look that wasn't beautiful. I have made some stunning looks with the pro but I have made some that I was not fond of. I am not loving that pewter color on me. I love the Unzipped but they are all pretty much the same color with a variation on darkness. These warm colors work really well on me since I have fair skin, green eyes and reddish brown hair but I get a lot of pretty much the same looks out of it.

I also love Pro palette- those are just the creamiest shadows, aren't they? My coloring is different than your- I am light/medium with pink undertones, blue/grey eyes and light brown hair. Cooler tones work best for me. In the Pro I LOVE to do a look with Champagne and Slate. I just wish it had a wonderful grey shade. My illusive grey shadows......LOL I have tried the Pewter Color , but it is not my fav . When I used it I REALLY had to buff it out, then it was good.

Valued Contributor

Janie I think Naked3 is cooler toned than Unzipped. I do have a nice small Laura Geller palette with greys. It's called Eye Elements in Smoke and Ice. It has a highlighter too but it's horrible and unusable. It has a grey cast. Who would want that on their face?! The shadows are really pretty. Very very cool. When I wear grey I can make my green eyes look blue.