Honored Contributor

Pairing Down Skincare for the Summer?

I thought I saw a topic about this and even replied??  But I can't find it.

I wasn't going to stop anything I've been doing.  Do our faces not need the same serums/actives in the summer?  I can see not using as heavy as a moisturizer.  I'm using my lighter weight day moisturizers instead of Tatcha's Night Cream.  Hope that's not a mistake Smiley Surprised  What are you doing differently?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pairing Down Skincare for the Summer?

I don't do a thing differently, although I don't think my routine is overly complicated! I still use my night moisturizer because my skin really isn't different in the summer than it is in the winter. I cleanse, use Dr. Denese Firming Face pads a couple of times per week and then nighttime moisturizer. Daytime routine is still rinse with a light oil-based cleanser, sometimes a serum and the same moisturizer I use in the winter. I'm 73 - don't like changing my routine!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm My skincare stays the same for day and night except I switch to a lighter day moisturizer and my spf has some moisture in it. In fact, I can increase the nights I use my Retin A because my skin isn't as dry as it is in colder months. Serums and acids remain the same for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't purposely change anything for the seasons except maybe applying a thicker moisturizer and letting it penetrate before going out to shovel snow in winter. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I've changed is my night moisturizer to a lighter one.

Trusted Contributor

My only change is no facial oils.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

i've paired down to a bar of dove soap.....for all 4 seasons......my chronic arthritis pain has sucked all the energy out of me...it's all i can do.......

Honored Contributor

Nananana59, I am so sorry you have this burden. Chronic pain sucks the life right out of you. My arthritis pain is probably not as bad as yours but have you ever tried neurontin for your pain? As the name implies it is mostly for nerve pain, which I also have. But it also greatly reduces my overall body pain and arthritis pain in my hands. It's not a medication you just take as needed. It has to build up and stay in your system. The arthritis in my lower back ruled my life until I finally stopped being so stubborn and started taking it. I'm sure you've tried everything but just in case you never had the need for a nerve pain medication this might be something you would want to consider.
Honored Contributor

I skipped my Tatcha Dewy Night Cream last night and instead used the Tatcha daytime gel cream and colourpop's sister brand, Forth Ray"s Oat Milk. Still using my serums and essence. I like the feeling of the chilled cream y oat milk. And that reminds me to go apply chilled Sesh undereye pads. No idea if they're doing diddly squat but it feels good!
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I thought I saw a topic about this and even replied??  But I can't find it.

I wasn't going to stop anything I've been doing.  Do our faces not need the same serums/actives in the summer?  I can see not using as heavy as a moisturizer.  I'm using my lighter weight day moisturizers instead of Tatcha's Night Cream.  Hope that's not a mistake Smiley Surprised  What are you doing differently?

@monicakm   Yes. I may be the one who started that thread.