Contributor

Re: Pairing Down Skincare for the Summer?

I live in hot /humid Texas so YES I pare or pair everything down and I discovered Australian Gold SPF 50 for the face (it is very matte!)  I also switch my Dr. Lancer Nourish step to the oily congested formula during the day.   I use the Lancer Nourish in sensitive or regular formula at night on my neck.  

Honored Contributor

I use the same skincare routine all year. I live in a 4 season climate, but I don't change what I do for the seasons. I have switched products as I've aged, but my skin doesn't change with the seasons.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Make sure you use some type of sunscreen whether it be yourj moisturizer and foundation together or a separate sunscreen and then you makeup.  i personally count on my foundation that is SPF 20.  You can also shield your face with a hat when it's really hot outside.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

There is probably a sunscreen in my foundation but other than that, I don't wear sunscreen.  The odds of ME getting a sunburn, much less skin cancer is 0 to none.  Somewhere down the line I must have vampire blood in me.  I avoid the sun at all costs!  But you can find me outside in the middle of the night, taking a walk, playing with the dogs, feeding the horses and donkeys Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

am doing my regular routine----skincare always ---make up rarely---

Honored Contributor

Nothing dfferent - I do the same routine no matter what time of the year.

My skin tends to be oily - so I use soap and water, exfoliate daily, witch hazel and Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream - and my Facial Flex each day for a few minutes.

My only switch is which foundation I use:  one for everyday and a different one if I'm going "out."  Bronzer and lip gloss.  I don't use eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Dallasaggie 

We're neighbors!  Have you ever driven east of Dallas to the East Texas Piney Woods area?  Gone to First Monday Trade Days?  Gone fishing at Lake Fork.  I'm 70 miles east of Dallas.

Esteemed Contributor

I change my makeup a little bit for summer - different colors and a thin layer.  Usually no eye makeup.  Humidity makes my skin more oily and my makeup "runs."

For skin care, I'm a less-is-more person anyway.   I don't layer or use a different product for different areas of my face.  Just one layer all over in winter and summer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@monicakm Is this over the counter medication?

Respected Contributor

I use the same cleanser & moistureizer day/night, year 'round. I don't use any serums, or anything extra, except a spray of WEN Replenishing Treatment Mist before applying moistureizer.

I'm 66, and my skin is not bad at all for my age!