Valued Contributor

Paging sonechko: Review of Isomers Revive shampoo/conditioner/leave-in

[ Edited ]

So sonechko, when last we “chatted” in the other Isomers thread, I was looking at ingredients. Didn’t find anything with tons of research behind it, but I decided to order the shampoo set anyway, (even though I wasn’t really looking for anything to replace my normal poo and conditioner). I’ve used the products twice now. Um … wow!  First, a very small amount of both shampoo and conditioner go a long way. My hair is crazy soft after rinsing it out, which is really interesting. I put a very small amount (dime-size) of the leave-in on my towel-dried hair. After my normal blow dry, my hair is beyond soft and shiny. Not a trace of frizz. And, no scent of any kind on my hair (which I love because I hate all scented products). My stick straight hair has volume; not weighed down at all.

I honestly wasn’t expecting anything special, but if these products continue performing the way they have thus far, I may be hooked!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging sonechko: Review of Isomers Revive shampoo/conditioner/leave-in

[ Edited ]

@AspenGrove! Sonechko is answering your page! Smiley Happy

I am so happy you liked the Isomers Poo, Conditioner and Treatment set! Really glad to hear this!

No, I have not tried. I received my set yesterday afternoon. I am going to cleanse this morning. Really excited to try it. Last night I did overnight Oil scalp treatment, so also very curious to see, how this shampoo will be able take the oil out.

First of all I want to say, that Isomers Shampoo, unlike other poos, does not have much Poo in it. I know, because I used Manuela old shampoo and conditioner previously. It did not foam well. It does not have that much of whatever it is, that makes lots of bubbles and not good for hair, because that foaming stuff is stripping hair.

I was not looking to replace my poo-free Wen either, since I am super happy with it, but over years I learned to trust Manuela, and decided to try this set, because it has Immortal in it.

I will use it and let you know, if I like and if it is going to compare to the results I am having with Wen. I hope I will, and will incorporate it alternatively, or maybe mixing it in with Wen.

I must say, for those who do not like Wen, but looking for a gentle Shampoo with lots of goodies in it - the Isomers is a great alternative!

For me, I believe, Chaz Dean has more knowledge and experience with Hair, and Manuela - with Skin. But will see how the addition of Immortal plays out in her hair products.

I received her Beach Wave Salt Spray yesterday and tried it on my dry second day hair - I liked it so far! Chaz Dean also will release Beach Wave Salt Spray this Spring.

Just wanted to remind everyone - the Treatment BOOSTER is NOT to be used on scalp, but on the length of hair ONLY!  I did forget about this, and was reminded reading the instructions last night.

Valued Contributor

Yay @sonechko, so glad you got the page! 

As I think I noted on the other thread, I had tried the older Isomers "moisture" shampoo/conditioner and my hair didn't like it at all. These products are way different.  A really small bit of the shampoo did indeed "foam" up and really cleaned my hair and scalp well. (I'm not a Wen user/fan, and I do like my scalp and hair to feel squeaky clean, which it did.)  Only did one poo application, no repeating needing. The conditioner felt amazing on my hair, too.  Honestly, it reminded me of the old (I'm dating myself) Tame creme rinse that my hair loved in childhood.  I could slide a comb through my hair even before putting in any leave-in. No tangles. Pretty cool. 

Looking forward to your review, too!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley Happy So, this Isomers shampoo is different? Wow. I thought it was almost identical in ingredients, as someone did the comparison on the old thread....

Well, good! So I see it is improved! Thanks for posting this @AspenGrove!

Not trying to promote Wen in any way, but just saying - I too LOVE the squeaky clean scalp and hair, and it gives it to me! I always had a little (or a lot) film on my scalp before with any shampoos I used, but my hair and scalp are cleanest they had ever been now. So Wen really works wonders for me! But, we all react to different products differently, of course! Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@AspenGrove! Sonechko is answering your page! Smiley Happy

I am so happy you liked the Isomers Poo, Conditioner and Treatment set! Really glad to hear this!

No, I have not tried. I received my set yesterday afternoon. I am going to cleanse this morning. Really excited to try it. Last night I did overnight Oil scalp treatment, so also very curious to see, how this shampoo will be able take the oil out.

First of all I want to say, that Isomers Shampoo, unlike other poos, does not have much Poo in it. I know, because I used Manuela old shampoo and conditioner previously. It did not foam well. It does not have that much of whatever it is, that makes lots of bubbles and not good for hair, because that foaming stuff is stripping hair.

I was not looking to replace my poo-free Wen either, since I am super happy with it, but over years I learned to trust Manuela, and decided to try this set, because it has Immortal in it.

I will use it and let you know, if I like and if it is going to compare to the results I am having with Wen. I hope I will, and will incorporate it alternatively, or maybe mixing it in with Wen.

I must say, for those who do not like Wen, but looking for a gentle Shampoo with lots of goodies in it - the Isomers is a great alternative!

For me, I believe, Chaz Dean has more knowledge and experience with Hair, and Manuela - with Skin. But will see how the addition of Immortal plays out in her hair products.

I received her Beach Wave Salt Spray yesterday and tried it on my dry second day hair - I liked it so far! Chaz Dean also will release Beach Wave Salt Spray this Spring.

Just wanted to remind everyone - the Treatment is NOT to be used on scalp, but on the length of hair ONLY!  I did forget about this, and was reminded reading the instructions last night.

@sonechko  Are you saying that you cannot use/massage the shampoo on your scalp?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

Smiley Happy So, this Isomers shampoo is different? Wow. I thought it was almost identical in ingredients, as someone did the comparison on the old thread....

Well, good! So I see it is improved!

Not trying to promote Wen in any way, but saying - I too LOVE the squeaky clean scalp and hair, and it gives it to me! I always had a little (or a lot) film on my scalp before using any shampoos, but my hair and scalp is the cleanest it had ever been now. So Wen really works wonders for me! But, we all react to different products differently, of course! Woman Happy

Exactly right!  Every person is different. I did try Wen at one point and found that for my hair, it was a big NO. But I'm fortunate that I have really healthy, manageable hair, so normal shampoo and conditioner is and has always made my head happy.

Big test will be to see how this new Isomers formulation performs daily. Since I'm an exercise fiend, I workout daily and therefore must wash my sweaty head daily. My normal shampoo works great for daily use and I'm hoping the new Isomers will as well. Can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Esteemed Contributor

No-No-No, @MrsCat21! Not the Shampoo, the third smaller bottle. It's not a Conditioner either, forgot the exact name, but it's a treatment. There are instructions in the plastic package with three products, and I also remember Manuela say this too - the treatment is for Hair length only.

Trusted Contributor

I may have to try the Isomers shampoo and conditioner.  Does it have sulfates or sodium in it?  I have a keratin treatment in my hair and cannot use any shampoos or conditioners with sulfates or sodium.  I detest Wen, so would be interested to try the new Isomers stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

"

Big test will be to see how this new Isomers formulation performs daily. Since, I'm an exercise fiend, I workout daily and therefore must wash my sweaty head daily. My normal shampoo works great for daily use and I'm hoping the new Isomers will as well. Can't imagine why it wouldn't."

I think and sincerely hope, that it will do just fine for your routine, @AspenGrove! It is very gentle, and Manuela said it too - okay to use it every day. As long as this new Isomers Hair Product Set will give you enough moisture, unlike the old one.

Of course, when you can, do skip a day here and there from washing hair - it likes it!

Esteemed Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I may have to try the Isomers shampoo and conditioner.  Does it have sulfates or sodium in it?  I have a keratin treatment in my hair and cannot use any shampoos or conditioners with sulfates or sodium.  I detest Wen, so would be interested to try the new Isomers stuff!

Sorry, I am a little pressed for time this morning, @NiteStar to check for you, since I never remember the ingredients, but if you go on evine and open the product page - the entire list of ingredients will be there for sure. I think you'd have to click "use and ingredients" tab within product page.