Super Contributor
On 7/19/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Okay, and I SWEAR that wasn't a teaser so I could scream about sun protection some more! It's true -- I love this stuff!

It's Supergoop CC Cream -- 20% zinc so I'm in hog heaven. It offers lovely coverage (similar to the Missha Signature BB, IMO), lasts all day without breaking up, leaves a satin-y finish as opposed to shiny as so many high zinc products do.

There are a couple of reviews on Sephora, maybe Nordstrom -- not sure where else it's sold.

Shade is very forgiving -- Fair/Light, Light/Med, Med/Dark. I got samples off eBay and ordered the full size from Nordstrom (as the shade I wanted was backordered on the Supergoop site.)

Worth the try if you'd like to wrap up your sun protection and foundation in one, and even if you're not concerned about sun protection, it's nice stuff!

I've got samples of the skin79 on the way. I'll compare it to the Supergoop you're sending. If I at all like the Supergoop, I'll be ordering it due to the sun protection. What shade are you sending? I think it might have been Susie that said the shade she got a sample of was really yellow on her.

Super Contributor
On 7/19/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/18/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 7/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

Irish, it isn't skincare but BB creams, you know, instead of foundation or TM. I love my skincare so I'm not looking for a new line but I always like trying new foundations/TM/BB/CC, along with different body butters and lotions. Smiley Happy

I believe SKIN79 might also have skincare products but I don't know anything about them nor do I want to, just interested in the BB/CC creams. Smiley Happy

Whew! That was close! I respect you and wackers a lot, HD, so I was heading off to check this out. Thankfully I've found my CURRENT HG BB, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief! Hope you two are really happy with your new stuff!

haha, no no no, just BB/CC stuff girlfriend! Smiley Happy Well we actually haven't tried the SKIN79 stuff yet, just got the little sample set for an excellent deal (wackers found a cheap seller- and super quick delivery) so we are excited to give them a try. Smiley Happy You know my Missha is always on hand as it never disappoints (just got my new replenishment in!) and the andalou CC as well. But ya know, I like to try new ones too.

I have the Andalou BB, too -- really like that a lot, too. (Is there an Andalou CC? I find I call them ALL either BB or CC interchangeably.) I prefer the Supergoop for days when I want more "makeup", but have been using the Andalou on other days. For comparison, the Andalou is shinier, and more sheer. I'm using the "sheer tint" so I'm thinking there might be a CC, too that you're referring to. But Andalou has products that have chemical sunscreens which you may know, are not to my liking. :-)

Super Contributor
On 7/19/2014 myshell624 said:

Okay, and I SWEAR that wasn't a teaser so I could scream about sun protection some more! It's true -- I love this stuff!

It's Supergoop CC Cream -- 20% zinc so I'm in hog heaven. It offers lovely coverage (similar to the Missha Signature BB, IMO), lasts all day without breaking up, leaves a satin-y finish as opposed to shiny as so many high zinc products do.

There are a couple of reviews on Sephora, maybe Nordstrom -- not sure where else it's sold.

Shade is very forgiving -- Fair/Light, Light/Med, Med/Dark. I got samples off eBay and ordered the full size from Nordstrom (as the shade I wanted was backordered on the Supergoop site.)

Worth the try if you'd like to wrap up your sun protection and foundation in one, and even if you're not concerned about sun protection, it's nice stuff!

I've got samples of the skin79 on the way. I'll compare it to the Supergoop you're sending. If I at all like the Supergoop, I'll be ordering it due to the sun protection. What shade are you sending? I think it might have been Susie that said the shade she got a sample of was really yellow on her.

I'm sending you the Fair/Light (since you're a Missha #13, right?) The Supergoop people had to hunt one down in their office for me. I think the Fair/Light is a fairly recent addition to the lineup, as it's not sold on Nordstrom or Sephora yet.

Super Contributor

I'm sending you the Fair/Light (since you're a Missha #13, right?) The Supergoop people had to hunt one down in their office for me. I think the Fair/Light is a fairly recent addition to the lineup, as it's not sold on Nordstrom or Sephora yet.

I'm a #23 in Missha. I think Kat wears a #13. Either way, I can tell if the formula and coverage will work for me. Thanks:-)

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 7/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

Irish, it isn't skincare but BB creams, you know, instead of foundation or TM. I love my skincare so I'm not looking for a new line but I always like trying new foundations/TM/BB/CC, along with different body butters and lotions. Smiley Happy

I believe SKIN79 might also have skincare products but I don't know anything about them nor do I want to, just interested in the BB/CC creams. Smiley Happy

Whew! That was close! I respect you and wackers a lot, HD, so I was heading off to check this out. Thankfully I've found my CURRENT HG BB, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief! Hope you two are really happy with your new stuff!

haha, no no no, just BB/CC stuff girlfriend! Smiley Happy Well we actually haven't tried the SKIN79 stuff yet, just got the little sample set for an excellent deal (wackers found a cheap seller- and super quick delivery) so we are excited to give them a try. Smiley Happy You know my Missha is always on hand as it never disappoints (just got my new replenishment in!) and the andalou CC as well. But ya know, I like to try new ones too.

I have the Andalou BB, too -- really like that a lot, too. (Is there an Andalou CC? I find I call them ALL either BB or CC interchangeably.) I prefer the Supergoop for days when I want more "makeup", but have been using the Andalou on other days. For comparison, the Andalou is shinier, and more sheer. I'm using the "sheer tint" so I'm thinking there might be a CC, too that you're referring to. But Andalou has products that have chemical sunscreens which you may know, are not to my liking. :-)

I actually have not used an Andalou Natural BB cream because the ones I looked at in terms of ingredients all contained ingredients I don't really like to use on my skin so that is why I chose the CC cream instead. This one is all physical sunscreens as that is all I ever use. I haven't used a chemical sunscreen since I was a kid and my mom didn't know any better. Wink I've tried a few products with chemical sunscreens in it (makeup) and they burned so I have avoided it for years for many reasons. Anyway, the CC cream I use looks like this and it comes it at least three shades I believe:

The ingredients are:

Active Ingredients:
Zinc Oxide 20.0%

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oils*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*†, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

Non-GMO verified *Organic † Fair Trade

Honored Contributor

oh and I did end up trying the supergoop based on your Maren's suggestion (just got a sample from Sephora) but it is a tad to yellow for my skin. I need neutral or slight pink tones to it for it to work really well with my skin. The supergoop, at least on me, looked a tad yellow on my skin. Smiley Happy

ETA: just checked at the girl gave me light/med shade so maybe that is why it was yellow? Wonder if the fair/light might work better? I will compare it to my Andalou though, which is quite a bit cheaper. If they are similar, I got to go with the cheaper one. I got mine from Whole foods a few months back for 40% off.

Honored Contributor

lol, Wackers don't mind us just chattin' away on your thread! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wasn't it you Myshell, or Maren, that Wackers wanted to know more about the Korean powders when you got them. I can't remember which one of you that was but don't forget to let her know, she was interested in your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Andalou Naturals, I just got an email that Paula's Choice has reviewed the "entire line" of Andalou Naturals so I went over there and yeah, not even close to their "entire line"! I don't see any of the BB or CC creams and the facial oil mix I picked up a few months ago isn't listed either. It is only a fraction of their line. But I thought it was interesting that they are reviewing the line now.

Super Contributor

I'm a #23 in Missha. I think Kat wears a #13. Either way, I can tell if the formula and coverage will work for me. Thanks:-)

For some reason (age? confusion?) I thought I was responding to Kat. :-) You're getting the Light/Med which I think you'll like. Ditto with the Andalou "sheer" tint.

Super Contributor

lol, Wackers don't mind us just chattin' away on your thread! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wasn't it you Myshell, or Maren, that Wackers wanted to know more about the Korean powders when you got them. I can't remember which one of you that was but don't forget to let her know, she was interested in your thoughts.

Both Myshell and Kat have the Korean powders. I don't. Yet. :-)