Honored Contributor

Paging SuzyQ3 regarding the glominerals glosses

Did you try them yet?? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging SuzyQ3 regarding the glominerals glosses

Oh, hi, there.

Yes, I have worn all four. They worked out well for me. Recently, I've noticed that more and more glosses are really liquid lipsticks, very opaque. I like having some like that, but I also want the old kind of gloss that you can wear alone for just a slight touch of color or wear over a lipstick for the shine and a bit of shimmer or also to tone the lipstick down a bit.

So this set does that. Only one of the colors is mildly strong, and it's a very pretty mauvey rose shade. The other three are variations on a very subtle look -- one is tan, one is pink, and one is coral (not orangey at all, though). These three are all very light.

The formula itself is nice, not sticky but not runny.

These have a doe-foot applicator, which is my preference, but these are not the best I've had. They don't pick up quite enough color the first time. No biggie, though. The other slight con is that although these are full-size, they are on the small side for lip glosses. I doubt that I would pay the $15.50 they charge for one.

But this was a palette of four with a 20 percent promo, so I paid $6.50 per gloss. It was a good deal for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Brown Sugar:

Lily:

Peony:

Cherry Blossom:

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thanks Suzyq! I love the pretty Lily one!

For lipgloss, I prefer true lipgloss as you stated, not very opaque.

Have you tried the Lipfusion ones at all? They are on sale on Hautelook today. Most are like true lipgloss- more sheer, can be worn over lipstick but also alone for more subtle color but nice gloss.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

Thanks Suzyq! I love the pretty Lily one!

For lipgloss, I prefer true lipgloss as you stated, not very opaque.

Have you tried the Lipfusion ones at all? They are on sale on Hautelook today. Most are like true lipgloss- more sheer, can be worn over lipstick but also alone for more subtle color but nice gloss.

I should mention that the "swatches" are deceiving in that the actual gloss is much more muted in color.