Honored Contributor

Paging Sister Golden Hair, re: Jane Iredale

I decided to start a new post so I didn't keep derailing the OP's post in the other thread. Smiley Happy

I have always been interested in Jane Iredale's makeup but it was also a bit pricey and then you can never get it on sale. Well, they have some items, including the pure pressed powder, at Costco for a really good price ($31 for the pressed powder) so I thought I might give it a try. They carry only a few colors though but I think perhaps Radiant might be okay? I am fair to light, neutral skintone. I don't know of anywhere near me that carries her products, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Sister Golden Hair, re: Jane Iredale

By the way, have you tried Blinc's black primer (it is new)? I LOVE it for my mascara! I haven't used it as an actual primer because it works so well on its' own. It does a good job of holding a curl too, which I need for my lashes.

Regular Contributor

On 2/21/2015 HappyDaze said:

By the way, have you tried Blinc's black primer (it is new)? I LOVE it for my mascara! I haven't used it as an actual primer because it works so well on its' own. It does a good job of holding a curl too, which I need for my lashes.

Hey HappyDaze, I'm interested in jane iredale as well so hope you get lots of feedback on your question. You've intrigued me with your recommendation for Blinc's black primer. I'm always looking for a mascara that doesn't wilt my curl. Is this a tube product? I've tried Loreal's tube mascara and liked it.

Trusted Contributor

Why not try the JI color sample kit for $32 on her website? It comes in light, medium, and medium dark. It includes foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow, and lip color. Great way to try out several colors/products.

LIGHT:

Color Sample Kit

MEDIUM:

Color Sample Kit

MEDIUM DARK:

Color Sample Kit

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 griffy said:
On 2/21/2015 HappyDaze said:

Hey HappyDaze, I'm interested in jane iredale as well so hope you get lots of feedback on your question. You've intrigued me with your recommendation for Blinc's black primer. I'm always looking for a mascara that doesn't wilt my curl. Is this a tube product? I've tried Loreal's tube mascara and liked it.

Hi griffy, thanks!

Yes, it is a tube type primer. Like I said, not sure how it actually works under a mascara as it was intended, lol, but as a mascara it has been great. I have long lashes that don't like to stay curled so this has really helped with that. Most just weigh down my lashes. I got mine with my Sephora coupon back in Nov I think it was. I know Sephora usually has a sale in March or April too. Not alot of places carry the black lash primer yet.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Vamp! I would have to go with Light but the colors of some of the other products are not really my colors, unfortunately.

Valued Contributor

The only thing I use from the Jane Iredale line is a product called "Complete." It is a highlighter of sorts.....comes in a wide lipstick type tube and it is applied across the cheeks, between the brows and the chin area to highlight. These are the places I use it on and it gives such a nice soft light look to those areas.

Thanks for reminding me....I need to pick some more up! One of these lasted me several years.

Trusted Contributor

Hello OP - My experience with the Jane Iredale powder foundations is that they are very forgiving. (I should specify that I'm referring to the PurePressed Base that comes in a powder compact, not the AmazingBase loose powders.)

Over the years, I have worn about five different shades (I am fair-skinned with cool undertones) including Natural, Satin and Radiant and there was really no substantial difference in color once I applied it to my skin. (Full disclosure--I typically FORGET what shade I wear each time I go buy the darn stuff! Color me embarrassed.)

One caution on Iredale's other products, including some of her concealers, eye shadows and lippies: they often contain natural ingredients like mushroom extract, pure sugar, etc. and that can mean a shorter shelf life than other commercial brands that are loaded with preservatives. (Iredale is well-known for being cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free, etc.)

Yes, the pressed powders are definitely on the expensive end of the mineral foundation choices, but I have a magnetic gold refillable compact that let's me pop out the insert when it runs out...and the refillable foundations are cheaper than the original compact. (Not sure if the compacts at Costco are refillable.)

Overall, I've been quite pleased with the foundation.

I hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

Hello GRIFFY....Will you kindly post the NAME of L'Oreal's tube mascara please? They have so many different mascaras, I am not sure which is the tube one.

I am currently using Neutrogena's Healthy Lengths tube mascara - the color I have is Carbon Black - and I really like it but it seems to run out so quickly (granted it's only $9.99 at CVS).

I am interested in your experience with L'Oreal's tube mascara.

Also HAPPYDAZE - Where do you buy Blinc tube mascara? I know everyone says it is the best one, but I can't find it anywhere in beauty supply stores. Do you get it though Amazon?

Have either of you tried Adrien Arpel's tube mascara? It's $20.00 on HSN. I have never purchased it.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback...

(Forgive me for asking you these questions under a Jane Iredale thread - not sure if I should start a new topic or message you directly - I am a brand-new poster here at "The Q." My apologies in advance if I don't know proper protocol!)

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 GoinBacktoCali said:

Hello GRIFFY....Will you kindly post the NAME of L'Oreal's tube mascara please? They have so many different mascaras, I am not sure which is the tube one.

I am currently using Neutrogena's Healthy Lengths tube mascara - the color I have is Carbon Black - and I really like it but it seems to run out so quickly (granted it's only $9.99 at CVS).

I am interested in your experience with L'Oreal's tube mascara.

Also HAPPYDAZE - Where do you buy Blinc tube mascara? I know everyone says it is the best one, but I can't find it anywhere in beauty supply stores. Do you get it though Amazon?

Have either of you tried Adrien Arpel's tube mascara? It's $20.00 on HSN. I have never purchased it.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback...

(Forgive me for asking you these questions under a Jane Iredale thread - not sure if I should start a new topic or message you directly - I am a brand-new poster here at "The Q." My apologies in advance if I don't know proper protocol!)

Welcome!! And no worries- I don't mind if we talk about other things besides Jane Iredale! Smile

You can buy some of the blinc mascara on Sephora, Amazon, dermstore.com, beauty.com, and even Hautelook at times. I tend to get mine wherever it is the cheapest. Dermstore often has 20% off so I tend to buy it from there (or Amazon) but the black primer is only on a few places so far- sephora and blinc's website that I know of.

I have never tried Adrien Arpel's mascara. I honestly have never heard of it before. I will have to check it out. Smiley Happy