Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Sister Golden Hair, re: Jane Iredale

On 2/22/2015 GoinBacktoCali said:

Hello OP - My experience with the Jane Iredale powder foundations is that they are very forgiving. (I should specify that I'm referring to the PurePressed Base that comes in a powder compact, not the AmazingBase loose powders.)

Over the years, I have worn about five different shades (I am fair-skinned with cool undertones) including Natural, Satin and Radiant and there was really no substantial difference in color once I applied it to my skin. (Full disclosure--I typically FORGET what shade I wear each time I go buy the darn stuff! Color me embarrassed.)

One caution on Iredale's other products, including some of her concealers, eye shadows and lippies: they often contain natural ingredients like mushroom extract, pure sugar, etc. and that can mean a shorter shelf life than other commercial brands that are loaded with preservatives. (Iredale is well-known for being cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free, etc.)

Yes, the pressed powders are definitely on the expensive end of the mineral foundation choices, but I have a magnetic gold refillable compact that let's me pop out the insert when it runs out...and the refillable foundations are cheaper than the original compact. (Not sure if the compacts at Costco are refillable.)

Overall, I've been quite pleased with the foundation.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! This is very helpful information. So far it doesn't appear Costco has the refills but I know I can refills on Amazon and I do believe the one on Costco is the same as the regular one that can be refilled. I LOVE the idea of a compact with refills, as I really hate being wasteful and throwing away compacts over and over has always bugged me.

I am also glad to hear the colors are forgiving. The ones on Costco.com only have a few and the only ones I think could work would be the warm silk and the radiant but the radiant looks a little less yellow so I think I will just try it.I like that Costco accepts returns so if it doesn't work out, I can always return it if I really want to.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the welcome, HappyDaze. =^..^=

I have never heard of Dermstore.com, but I will check it out now. I also appreciate the tip about the 20 percent off - I will look for that.

I checked Costco.com - that price is outstanding for the Iredale foundation. I cannot tell if it is the refillable compact, unfortunately, because there are only two ways to tell and neither is possible from the photos they provide.

The first way is to see the box - the refillable compacts have a green sticker on the box indicating they can be refilled. The second way is to turn the actual product over - there is a small hole in the back of the refillable compacts where you insert a straightened-out paper clip to pop out the used foundation (which is held in with a strong magnet.) Can you tell I've bought a lot of this stuff? ;-)

I have Radiant in my make-up bag right now! I think you will be happy with it. The coverage is buildable and the compact lasts a long time. Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor

When using the pressed powder how do you get it from looking so dull? It shows ever wrinkle, Thanks

Honored Contributor

Oops! Not sure how that happened!

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 willdob3 said:

That trio of blushes looks nice but I have lots of blush. Most of it is loose BE & I will never run out of it! I have no reason to be buying blush.

huh?

Regular Contributor

On 2/22/2015 GoinBacktoCali said:

Hello GRIFFY....Will you kindly post the NAME of L'Oreal's tube mascara please? They have so many different mascaras, I am not sure which is the tube one.

I am currently using Neutrogena's Healthy Lengths tube mascara - the color I have is Carbon Black - and I really like it but it seems to run out so quickly (granted it's only $9.99 at CVS).

I am interested in your experience with L'Oreal's tube mascara.

Also HAPPYDAZE - Where do you buy Blinc tube mascara? I know everyone says it is the best one, but I can't find it anywhere in beauty supply stores. Do you get it though Amazon?

Have either of you tried Adrien Arpel's tube mascara? It's $20.00 on HSN. I have never purchased it.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback...

(Forgive me for asking you these questions under a Jane Iredale thread - not sure if I should start a new topic or message you directly - I am a brand-new poster here at "The Q." My apologies in advance if I don't know proper protocol!)

Hi GoinbacktoCali - the Loreal tube mascara is called Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. It's the only tube mascara I've ever tried so I have no point of comparison but I like it (I should not I'm an infrequent mascara user but it meets my needs: doesn't smudge, doesn't weigh down curl). Hope you find one you really like (and let us know Smiley Happy Nice to have you on the forum !

Regular Contributor

On 2/22/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/22/2015 griffy said:
On 2/21/2015 HappyDaze said:

By the way, have you tried Blinc's black primer (it is new)? I LOVE it for my mascara! I haven't used it as an actual primer because it works so well on its' own. It does a good job of holding a curl too, which I need for my lashes.

Hey HappyDaze, I'm interested in jane iredale as well so hope you get lots of feedback on your question. You've intrigued me with your recommendation for Blinc's black primer. I'm always looking for a mascara that doesn't wilt my curl. Is this a tube product? I've tried Loreal's tube mascara and liked it.

Hi griffy, thanks!

Yes, it is a tube type primer. Like I said, not sure how it actually works under a mascara as it was intended, lol, but as a mascara it has been great. I have long lashes that don't like to stay curled so this has really helped with that. Most just weigh down my lashes. I got mine with my Sephora coupon back in Nov I think it was. I know Sephora usually has a sale in March or April too. Not alot of places carry the black lash primer yet.

Thanks, HappyDaze, I'm gonna keep my eyes out for the Blinc primer (sorry, bad, unintentional pun ..) Hey, do you mind posting your review of the Iredale pressed powder foundation if you decide to try it? I have a bit of an addiction to pressed mineral foundations and Jane Iredale has always been on my list, but like you, it's never been easy to figure out the right shade. Many thanks ! ...

Honored Contributor

Griffy, I will. I just ordered the Radiant so will let you know. Smiley Happy

GoinBacktoCali, I hope the compact is refillable. I ordered it so I will post if it is or not.

Trusted Contributor

THANKS Griffy for posting the name of the tubes mascara! And thank you for making me feel welcome. :-)

10mk: To answer your question, I use a stippling brush, so it doesn't pick up a lot of product, and that seems to help keep the product sheer. (The pressed powder does have a matte finish - I think the loose powders from Iredale are supposed to have more of a sheen to them.) I also don't use the powder foundation too close to my eyes, so it doesn't settle into my lines there. Instead, I use a cream concealer to cover my under eye circles, which I use prior to the Iredale powder foundation.

Honored Contributor

Hello, I'm hereSmile

I'm very fair and I wear the "Radiant. I like it because it is a neutral and doesn't have pink or yellow. This powder foundation is wonderful and I'm 63. I feel her brush "the Handi" is a must for this foundation. With this foundation, less is more.

She has so many great products...Just-kissed lipstick, Lip Drink, eyeshadows, blush, I could go on and on.

I buy my Blinc mascara from them directly. I first bought it on the Q but they stopped carrying the mascara and I just happened to see the website in a magazine. I was so happy that I have bought from them ever since.

Sephora also has the mascara. I have used the primer and it does work good but since I just want color for my lashes, I just use the regular mascara. When I curl my lashes, I have a heated eyelash curler that I also bought from Blinc.

I used "SuperNova and Shell" eyeshadows more than any of the others. "Allure" is another one of my favorites.

The quads I use for blush.

I use to like the liquid mineral foundation till she came out with the BB cream. It also takes very little.

Yes, her products are high but they last a long time.

Yes, her products are high but they last a long time.