Respected Contributor

Paging Silleemee re microneedling

Good morning, Silleemee.  I have had wonderful results from the Nuface on many of my concerns except vertical upper lip lines.  I am close to pulling the trigger on the microneedling book you recommended.  My library has decided not to purchase it, so I am going to have to purchase it myself or sign up for Kindle Unlimited for 30 days to get it for free, but I digress.  

I've gone back through several microneedling threads and wanted to ask you a few questions.  I know you purchase your device through White Lotus.  I also read that you said that their device will last for a year making it more economical than others.  Does it give this information in the book?  I looked on the website and couldn't find where it said their device/needles lasted this long.  Also, I read that you use a particular serum after microneedling.  Do you purchase it from the White Lotus website, too?  

They have several kits on the White Lotus website.  Is there one that you see that would be more beneficial than buying the singular device ($85) and the book on Amazon ($60ish)?

I am definitely going to read the book or watch the DVD's (whatever I end up getting) before touching those needles to my face.  I want to know what I am doing!

As an aside, I posted a few weeks back wanting recommendations about a good anti-aging hand cream.  You had recommended the Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion, which I was already using, but it wasn't hydrating enough.  Well, I ended up ordering the Skinn Hand Restore, and within a few days, I developed hangnails and rough/torn skin areas around my nails.  I started mixing the Hand Restore with Gold Bond Ultimate Healing, and it helped, but I still had some rough areas.  It finally dawned on me, that when I stopped using the Alpha Skin Care and switched completely to the Hand Restore was when the area around my nails got bad.  Two nights ago, I started combining the Alpha Skin Care with the Hand Restore, and all rough areas/hangnails are gone.  I can't tell that Hand Restore is doing much, so when it is gone, I will not reorder.  I plan on continuing my use of the Alpha Skin Care and combining it with the Gold Bond when needed for hydration.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Silleemee re microneedling

Hi @Ainhisg,Woman Happy

Yes, please get the book. My edition of the book does not mention how long the White Lotus rollers last nor does the package it comes in say so either. I ended up calling their cs to ask that question and it was then they told me it would last a year when used according to their recommendations. 

The only White Lotus products I use is the needle roller and the book. I buy organic camellia oil (from pipingrock) to use post-needling and I don't apply anything else until after 24 hours have passed.

As far as purchasing kits from White Lotus...I can't say one way or the other as far as benefits because I never used any of their products other than the book and the roller. 

Glad to see that the Alpha lotion may be working for you. I love that stuff.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee..OMG!  You weren't kidding in all your warnings to people to research microneedling and how to do it correctly!!!!  I just read the online version of the book you recommended, and I have been sufficiently scared.  lol  Their technique makes so much more sense to me than the way I've seen it done on many beauty gurus YouTube videos.  My word.  So many are either doing it wrong or using a technique that to me--after reading the book--is causing unnecessary damage.  Wow.  

I am still somewhat confused and a bit scared to give this a go with just the book as a reference, so I emailed the company to ask them about a kit they offer that includes a serum, the roller, and a DVD.  I wanted to know if the DVD shows proper technique for all areas of the face, as I think I would be more comfortable attempting this if able to watch it being done.   We will see what they say.

I sure hope anyone considering microneedling will take your advice!

Honored Contributor

I think it's very wise of you to purchase the DVD to see how it's done. My first experience with microneedling was performed by an experienced aesthetician. I went a couple of times and she showed me how to do it and then she told me about that book and his website. I have no doubts that the White Lotus kits have great skincare in them...great place to start @AinhisgWoman Happy

About the White Lotus roller...it's the only one made without any metal. The roller itself is a one-piece construction made of a very hard plastic which will never corrode or have the needles come off and get stuck in the skin. By using this type of polymer roller, you will never develop sensitivity to the metals and alloys they use in the traditional mirconeedles. For me this was the deal-breaker and I won't go back to using a metal roller ever again.