Regular Contributor

I remember you mentioned you had a split in your fingernail that wouldn't go away & I was hoping you have found a fix for it.  I have one too that I've had for several yrs now.  Do you find the products like Julep or Perfect Formula of any benefit?   I think nail polish is drying & makes it worse.  I've been using collagen powder the last 6 mo but that hasn't helped other than make other nails grow - split never grows out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging SilleeMee

[ Edited ]

@2penny 

No I haven't found anything to make my split nail grow in normally. I think the nail bed is damaged and that caused my nail to grow with a split. I just keep it cut short and use a crystal glass file on it to try and seal the nail. I don't apply anything on my nails. 

I've been taking marine collagen for almost 2 months and nothing has changed.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@2penny 

No I haven't found anything to make my split nail grow in normally. I think the nail bed is damaged and that caused my nail to grow with a split. I just keep it cut short and use a crystal glass file on it to try and seal the nail. I don't apply anything on my nails. 

I've been taking marine collagen for almost 2 months and nothing has changed.

Just thought I'd check.  Thanks @SilleeMee .  If you find something that works please post.

Honored Contributor

@2penny @2penny 

I have a split in one nail, too. Nothing has made a difference. It never occurred to me the collagen might make a difference. I’ve been using ProCaps brand since he came out with it.

I just keep the nail very short. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@2penny @2penny 

I have a split in one nail, too. Nothing has made a difference. It never occurred to me the collagen might make a difference. I’ve been using ProCaps brand since he came out with it.

I just keep the nail very short. 

Would biotin help?