Frequent Contributor

Paging Lyn in MI - would appreciate recommendations

Hello Lyn, I'm currently reading Dr. Setterfield's Derma Needling book (Expanded Medical Ed.) and would greatly appreciate your recommendations regarding BOTH cosmeceutical agent or "active ingredients" (vitamins, peptides,...) & ; specific Brand/manufacturer. Specifically, On page 21 of the my book edition Dr. S has a chart of fibroblast requirements...could you please make recommendations based on the chart? BTW - I cannot use retinoids. THANKS SO MUCH! I did a search of your prior forum posts to get info. But it is bit overwheming to read thru all of the info. you graciously provided over the past few years. ETA: I am open to using ANY manufacturer you recommend...(perricone , NCN, Paula Choice, Etc...) I just want products with most effectiveness & best ingredient quality. Thanks again for your help.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paging Lyn in MI - would appreciate recommendations

Bumping this post because I wrote it early this morning.
Super Contributor

Bumping for you until our resident Setterfield Scholar comes along. :-)

Frequent Contributor

On 5/20/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Bumping for you until our resident Setterfield Scholar comes along. :-)

Thanks Maren - maybe Lyn is watching Dancing with the a Stars tonight ;o)
Trusted Contributor

I read Lyn was going on vacation this week.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/21/2014 engineer said:

I read Lyn was going on vacation this week.

Thanks for the info. I will try to remember to re-bump post next week upon Lyn's return
Honored Contributor

Vacation???? She can't go on vacation! We need her. Some people are so inconsiderate! lyn, hope you know I'm kidding, but we do value your opinions.

Trusted Contributor

lyn is headed on a great vacation Friday and I'm guessing she will be pretty busy this week. I have emailed a few times with her recently and she is always really great about responding back but I think she is in overdrive right now because I haven't heard from her either.

I love your question though so will also be watching for her response. I haven't started derma rolling for that very reason as I wasn't sure what to use, particularly immediately after rolling. I only have a .5 roller right now so it is even more critical to me that I use the right ingredients. Guess you could call me a cautious one when it comes to my skin but I don't disagree. Plus, I want to obtain maximum benefits when I do roll with the .5 roller so using the appropriate skincare is an important component to that.

Great post, funluvin - thanks for posting even if we have to wait a bit to hear back. lyn is always worth waiting for, that's for darn sure! There is a restriction on the type of retinols that can be used, I know that much - Dr S does not recommend any containing acid (like retinol acetate) You might even be able to tolerate the types he does recommend though I think there are other excellent options, not containing any retinols, that Dr S recommends as well.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/21/2014 wackers said:

lyn is headed on a great vacation Friday and I'm guessing she will be pretty busy this week. I have emailed a few times with her recently and she is always really great about responding back but I think she is in overdrive right now because I haven't heard from her either.

I love your question though so will also be watching for her response. I haven't started derma rolling for that very reason as I wasn't sure what to use, particularly immediately after rolling. I only have a .5 roller right now so it is even more critical to me that I use the right ingredients. Guess you could call me a cautious one when it comes to my skin but I don't disagree. Plus, I want to obtain maximum benefits when I do roll with the .5 roller so using the appropriate skincare is an important component to that.

Great post, funluvin - thanks for posting even if we have to wait a bit to hear back. lyn is always worth waiting for, that's for darn sure! There is a restriction on the type of retinols that can be used, I know that much - Dr S does not recommend any containing acid (like retinol acetate) You might even be able to tolerate the types he does recommend though I think there are other excellent options, not containing any retinols, that Dr S recommends as well.

Thanks Wackers. I guess we'll all patiently await Lyn's return ;o)
Super Contributor

Have fun, Lyn!!!