Super Contributor
On 6/22/2014 wackers said:
On 6/22/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/22/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Korea has those blemish patches which are fantastic. I just wish with all their expertise that they would come out with a skin lightening patch. That would be awesome for some people. It would be a product that put the medicine directly on the spot for a 10-12 hour period. Those blemish patches when you put it on at night and remove it in the morning, no more blemish.

You'd think they would -- aren't the Korean products big on skin lightening? Or am I thinking about products from Japan?

Yes, the Koreans are as well as other Far East cultures. They have some BB and CC creams that have skin lightening ingredients in them too~

Korea is hugely into lightening skin. I read that it is a sign of a better class. Poorer Asians work the fields and the better class does not. It could be an old world class type thing. They even have these hats that look like a bee keepers. My son has a lighter skin tone than my daughter does. If she stayed in Korea she would have had to bleach her skin. The skin care and cosmetics in Korea all lean towards lightening/brightening.

Super Contributor

Korea has those blemish patches which are fantastic. I just wish with all their expertise that they would come out with a skin lightening patch. That would be awesome for some people. It would be a product that put the medicine directly on the spot for a 10-12 hour period. Those blemish patches when you put it on at night and remove it in the morning, no more blemish.

You'd think they would -- aren't the Korean products big on skin lightening? Or am I thinking about products from Japan?

Yes, the Koreans are as well as other Far East cultures. They have some BB and CC creams that have skin lightening ingredients in them too~

Korea is hugely into lightening skin. I read that it is a sign of a better class. Poorer Asians work the fields and the better class does not. It could be an old world class type thing. They even have these hats that look like a bee keepers. My son has a lighter skin tone than my daughter does. If she stayed in Korea she would have had to bleach her skin. The skin care and cosmetics in Korea all lean towards lightening/brightening.

It used to be the same here -- only the laborers who worked in the fields got tan. Women covered up with gloves and parasols. Then Coco Chanel came back from the Riviera tanned and "healthy" looking, and that's what changed everything. THEN only the wealthy could afford to "summer" in exotic tropical locales. Or on yachts in the French Riviera. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Interesting.

Super Contributor

It used to be the same here -- only the laborers who worked in the fields got tan. Women covered up with gloves and parasols. Then Coco Chanel came back from the Riviera tanned and "healthy" looking, and that's what changed everything. THEN only the wealthy could afford to "summer" in exotic tropical locales. Or on yachts in the French Riviera. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Interesting.

I didn't know that. That's interesting.