Valued Contributor

PUR 4 in 1 Pressed Foundation

I have to send credit to this community once again for recommending this foundation. Thanks Silleemee and others for shining the light on PUR.

I purchased the powder yesterday and am beyond happy with the finish and look. I have been searching for a talc free formula that delivers coverage, has a natural bent to ingredients, and yet looks natural. I've stopped looking.

HSN carries PUR along with box stores. I'm hoping HSN will have a PUR show soon. I'm anxious to try more in this line. 

If you're on the hunt for a new foundation, give this one a whirl. 

Honored Contributor

Re: PUR 4 in 1 Pressed Foundation

@Lally wrote:

I have to send credit to this community once again for recommending this foundation. Thanks Silleemee and others for shining the light on PUR.

I purchased the powder yesterday and am beyond happy with the finish and look. I have been searching for a talc free formula that delivers coverage, has a natural bent to ingredients, and yet looks natural. I've stopped looking.

HSN carries PUR along with box stores. I'm hoping HSN will have a PUR show soon. I'm anxious to try more in this line. 

If you're on the hunt for a new foundation, give this one a whirl. 

@Lally . Ilike this line a lot too, and Ulta carries it as well......

Respected Contributor

Back in the day I used PUR.  The shades, colors, etc worked much better than Bare Minerals.  My issue before figuring ingredients out, was that (back then) it also contained Bis Oxy.  I had to stop using it, and I was bummed.  

I'm good with the Bis Oxy UNTIL I get hot.  Then the itch starts, and it's bad.  

Happy for you that you found PUR, and it works well for you.  Lots of pretty shades in their Foundations, Blushes, Bronzers, etc.  It looks so natural.  ENJOY!  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me how PUR 4 in 1 compares to Laura Geller Balance & Brighten? 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Can anyone tell me how PUR 4 in 1 compares to Laura Geller Balance & Brighten? 

I've used both of those and for me the B&B dried my skin out. It contains talc which is drying on my skin. The PUR has no talc and is actually a bit moisturizing because PUR contains small amounts of shea and ceramides...feels creamy when you apply it, yet it's a powder. @shoesnbags 

Valued Contributor

I have used Balance for many years. I have 2 unopened in my drawer. The PUR leaves this amazing finish on my skin. Imperfections are all but erased. I have combo skin, and lately found Balance would disappear in a few hours even with primer. Plus, like I shared, I wanted to get away from talc.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @SilleeMee   I’ve been a happy B&B user, but it’s getting harder and harder to find my Porcelain shade since the LG bankruptcy. So I’m trying to figure out what my alternatives are. Skin is not dry. After a lifetime of oily skin, it has finally normalized in my old age lol. I like the way B&B gives me good coverage for rosacea but still looks natural. Sounds like I need to give this PUR foundation a try. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Lally   I’ll definitely have to give PUR a try!

Respected Contributor

So glad it works well for you! It is the best compact min...

@Lally  So glad it works well for you! It is the best compact mineral foundation imo. I use Bareminerals original but now that PUR has more shades available, I would like to try it again. I really liked it years ago but they did not have a light to med neutral. My Mom wore it for many years in the shade tan. Love the natural look & finish & its so creamy considering it's a powder.

Valued Contributor

Re: So glad it works well for you! It is the best compact min...

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@Lally  So glad it works well for you! It is the best compact mineral foundation imo. I use Bareminerals original but now that PUR has more shades available, I would like to try it again. I really liked it years ago but they did not have a light to med neutral. My Mom wore it for many years in the shade tan. Love the natural look & finish & its so creamy considering it's a powder.

I was concerned about getting a shade to match. After trying at the store, I bought golden medium. I'm neutral too. I thought blush medium was better, but the sales associate said go with golden. Today, I ordered the blush med from HSN only because they are out of golden and I wanted the brush. Pur's site does have more shades. Yay. You just described the product perfectly. It is creamy and not drying like so many powders. I hope you find the ideal shade.