Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That is too bad for all parties involved.  If the serum is bad, I hope it was taken off the market.

I was going to ask about the PTR retinol serum that was a TSV last fall.  I have been using it everyday for months, and if there is any improvement in my wrinkles, it is very slight.  I am still thinking about returning it.  It was a year's supply for like $115.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy LipsI've never used PTR's eye serum so my reaction to the article has nothing to do with personal experience, but I am amazed that it could be so bad to put a hole in someone's skin unless they were applying it onto a scrape or a cut or kept using it even though they had some initial bad reaction. 

I do use his retinol which I like -  I can see a change in appearance of fine wrinkles.  Like every other lotion/potion, it does nothing for the sagging of my old age and my uyears of yo-yo dieting.  For that, I'd need surgery which just is never happening!   And I'd still need the retinol or something else after recovery.

Stop using it for a week or 10 days and see if you notice a before and after difference.  The first time I ran out I went back to something else and it wasn't quite as effective for me.

Frequent Contributor

Ludricous law suits are filed  all the time .  

Respected Contributor

That’s a crazy story. I have used the eye serum mentioned in the article before. I didn’t care for it, but certainly had no ill effects from it! The reason I didn’t like it was because the laser free products are red, and they leave a red tint on skin and it gets on the pillow.