Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,412
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

I like and use PTR products but didn't watch about ths new cream. I would go to ebay to see if there are samples to try at any rate. I do that all the time before spending so much $$ on new things. Let's face it--it's all hype anyway---and I don't really care if he went to Machu Pichu for snail slime---it all hype!!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,634
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

I bought it a few weeks ago from his site when he had a coupon.  I like it!


 

 

@winamac1

 

i would like to try it also. i am just trying to use up some of my perricone and PTR products before i purchase it. they are my two favorite skincare lines. PTR does wonderful masks in particular.....even my 25 year old is hooked.  i have been good about not buying too much skincare over the past few months, but this has tempted me.

 

do you find it light or heavy? does it sink into the skin easily?

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,404
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

I’m completely confused by PTR’s credentials. If selling skincare, he has a long “family history” of spas in Hungary. On jewelry shows, he learned his craft from his parents at an early age.

 

Which is it? Science and art are so very different parts of the brain...usually good at one or the other. His claims seem too convenient IMO.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,634
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?


@Shanus wrote:

I’m completely confused by PTR’s credentials. If selling skincare, he has a long “family history” of spas in Hungary. On jewelry shows, he learned his craft from his parents at an early age.

 

Which is it? Science and art are so very different parts of the brain...usually good at one or the other. His claims seem too convenient IMO.

 


 

 

you mean he cannot have these credentials/history and two different companies with qualified people who stand behind him and create excellent products? he is the face, but there are a lot of other people behind a company. isnt that what creating a successful company entails? surround yourself with people of the same work ethic and dedication.

 

i know you dont like his jewelry or his skincare, but there are those of us who like both, like just the beauty, or like just the jewelry. i have both and think they are of excellent quality.

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,404
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?


@sunshine45 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I’m completely confused by PTR’s credentials. If selling skincare, he has a long “family history” of spas in Hungary. On jewelry shows, he learned his craft from his parents at an early age.

 

Which is it? Science and art are so very different parts of the brain...usually good at one or the other. His claims seem too convenient IMO.

 


 

 

you mean he cannot have these credentials/history and two different companies with qualified people who stand behind him and create excellent products? he is the face, but there are a lot of other people behind a company. isnt that what creating a successful company entails? surround yourself with people of the same work ethic and dedication.

 

i know you dont like his jewelry or his skincare, but there are those of us who like both, like just the beauty, or like just the jewelry. i have both and think they are of excellent quality.


@sunshine45  You’re mistaken. I recently added his glycolic pads & like them.

 

I do think his jewelry designs are redundant, but my main objection to the jewelry is the opening to the shows w/ scenes of him personally at the jeweler’s bench doing castings, filing, etc. That’s misleading if he’s only “surrounding” himself w/ people who can make jewelry. 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,404
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?


@alliswell wrote:

@CoG wrote:

ladies, sometimes we can listen without hearing.  Peter Thomas Roth's parents were eatheticians in Hungary . The family owned clinics .  A client visiting their clinics was treated to baths in the hot springs.  He grew up playing in the waters of those springs on vacations to his family's homes.  

 

It it is his tradition and no one has more right / justification to translate that tradition into American skin care than he.

 

 


At times, I've been guilty of "listening without hearing." 

Thanks for clarifying @CoG.

 


@alliswell  At his jewelry site, he maintains learning his craft from his parents in Manhattan. Which is it?

 

Contributor
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎01-06-2018

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

Thermal water (using the water from mineral springs) isn't a new innovation, however - it's been in european skin care lines for ages, I remember seeing it when I'd visit my grandparents in germany over 20 years ago.  PTR is just bringing it to his skincare line - he didn't invent it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,634
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

@Shanus

 

Word has it jewelry is a family business.


Yes—my father immigrated to America from Hungary in 1939, and worked as a dental mechanic/technician, which included casting gold teeth. After the war was over, he became a jeweler, casting jewelry for other people. He made almost all the things for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and for most of the jewelers on 5th Avenue, so I learned from the best.

 

When did you begin designing jewelry?


Four years ago I decided I wanted to do a jewelry line, but I was a little rusty. Our jewelry factory wasn’t doing very much because a lot of the business had gone overseas. When I graduated from college, I licensed Gloria Vanderbilt, and I did her fine jewelry for two years. It was successful, but also unsuccessful because I was way ahead of my time. No one understood that a designer could do real jewelry—it didn’t exist—everyone was doing costume jewelry. Retailers, while they bought the jewelry, never even put Gloria’s name on it. I learned a lot from doing that. I’m very creative—for skincare, we come up with a bunch of products each year. But it took me three years to come up with a really recognizable jewelry design—that was the hardest thing. And I always focus on quality; everything is either sterling silver or 18K gold. To me, color in gold is so important, so I spent forever choosing the color.

 

https://fashionweekdaily.com/skincare-guru-peter-thomas-roth-explores-jewelry-design/

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,634
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

@Shanus

 

i am a big fan of his glycolic pads also......i particularly like his night pads which i use during the day also. glad you have found something you like in his skincare line. as i said before, i absolutely love his masks.....you may want to try a sample set of them if you are interested in trying something else from PTR.

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,404
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?


@sunshine45 wrote:

@Shanus

 

Word has it jewelry is a family business.


Yes—my father immigrated to America from Hungary in 1939, and worked as a dental mechanic/technician, which included casting gold teeth. After the war was over, he became a jeweler, casting jewelry for other people. He made almost all the things for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and for most of the jewelers on 5th Avenue, so I learned from the best.

 

When did you begin designing jewelry?


Four years ago I decided I wanted to do a jewelry line, but I was a little rusty. Our jewelry factory wasn’t doing very much because a lot of the business had gone overseas. When I graduated from college, I licensed Gloria Vanderbilt, and I did her fine jewelry for two years. It was successful, but also unsuccessful because I was way ahead of my time. No one understood that a designer could do real jewelry—it didn’t exist—everyone was doing costume jewelry. Retailers, while they bought the jewelry, never even put Gloria’s name on it. I learned a lot from doing that. I’m very creative—for skincare, we come up with a bunch of products each year. But it took me three years to come up with a really recognizable jewelry design—that was the hardest thing. And I always focus on quality; everything is either sterling silver or 18K gold. To me, color in gold is so important, so I spent forever choosing the color.

 

https://fashionweekdaily.com/skincare-guru-peter-thomas-roth-explores-jewelry-design/


 

@sunshine45  I didn’t think this was about us, but since you asked, I studied at Duke University in NC and had personal training from a list of masters to learn additional techniques in enameling, bezel setting stones, forging, etc. I’ve been designing, making and selling jewelry for over 25 yrs. 

 

Now can we agree to disagree?