Trusted Contributor

PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

I normally don't start a post.

However have to share my 2 cents regarding the presentation not long ago on FNB with PTR showing how his new amazing cream came to be.

I'm just not buying that he went to Hungary on his trips there with family and discovering the water there close to Earth's crust is full of minerals (he goes on about the product becomes warm due to that) and so on..he then comes back to his home in NJ and went to his lab and this was born from that experience.

I think it's very interesting indeed.

But a tried and true product as an esthetican once told me is the best way to buy.

I'm no longer buying things that are found on one's trip and products that pop up every month new and life changing.

I think he does have good things out tried and true but many push the envelope and it seems liek it becomes a money thing to me for that vendor.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Re: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

@mimi5775 wrote:

However have to share my 2 cents regarding the presentation not long ago on FNB with PTR showing how his new amazing cream came to be.

I'm just not buying that he went to Hungary on his trips there with family and discovering the water there close to Earth's crust is full of minerals (he goes on about the product becomes warm due to that) and so on..he then comes back to his home in NJ and went to his lab and this was born from that experience.

But a tried and true product as an esthetican once told me is the best way to buy.

I'm no longer buying things that are found on one's trip and products that pop up every month new and life changing.

I think he does have good things out tried and true but many push the envelope and it seems liek it becomes a money thing to me for that vendor.

@mimi5775  I didn’t believe his story either...anymore than his story about the magic black mud he dug himself to put in the face masks.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@mimi5775  I didn’t believe his story either...anymore than his story about the magic black mud he dug himself to put in the face masks.

Count me in as I didn't believe it either.  I use to purchase some of his products but I haven't lately.  

Trusted Contributor

fRe: PTR's new Mineral Water Cream ?

[ Edited ]

Thank you ladies. I was tempted to buy it. There's a sucker born every minute. I'm going to pass. This was my New Year's resolution. To stop buying so much of this kind of stuff. It may be wonderful but I'm not buying. Smiley Happy   

Trusted Contributor

ladies, sometimes we can listen without hearing.  Peter Thomas Roth's parents were eatheticians in Hungary . The family owned clinics .  A client visiting their clinics was treated to baths in the hot springs.  He grew up playing in the waters of those springs on vacations to his family's homes.  

It it is his tradition and no one has more right / justification to translate that tradition into American skin care than he.

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

ladies, sometimes we can listen without hearing.  Peter Thomas Roth's parents were eatheticians in Hungary . The family owned clinics .  A client visiting their clinics was treated to baths in the hot springs.  He grew up playing in the waters of those springs on vacations to his family's homes.  

It it is his tradition and no one has more right / justification to translate that tradition into American skin care than he.

At times, I've been guilty of "listening without hearing." 

Thanks for clarifying @CoG.

Trusted Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@CoG  I respect your say and I did listen an heard and know the life of his with the family and all in Hungary. Not so into his schtick on this.. a few new life changing things coming on the scene out way too so fast ...again, just my 2 cents on that new cream. But to be honest MANY do this! not just him [think of Dr. P too]. There's a heck of a lot $$ in this field...while they know this about many of us who are searching for life changing products...I know I'm on of them - but wiser now with age I guess...a plus and yet sad I had to be older to learn!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I bought it a few weeks ago from his site when he had a coupon.  I like it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alliswell wrote:

@CoG wrote:

At times, I've been guilty of "listening without hearing." 

Thanks for clarifying @CoG.

ITA

I think Peter seems trustworthy.  I've been pleased with most of his line. I love many of his products, and I buy when I get discounts on his website and some of Q's TSV's.  His retinol is great, and his cloud cream and serum are excellent too--especially during winter.  I hope he will make a fragrance free makeup remover in an oil form.  Most lines have this, and I'd like to see him do one.  

His lash grower is really nice.  I am using that now, and it's worked better than most others. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

I know nothing about this product so I'm not defending PTR but minerals can be very good for the skin and maybe they're in a desired concentration in this particular area.  I have no clue but others have bragged on special water in their products (Laura Geller, Wen, Skinn,) and many people love those products.  I've tried a few PTR products but nothing has kept me a loyal customer.  In fact, his Moor Mud Mask was really harsh on my skin.  That said, though, how did tried and true products ever come into existence without some kind of innovation on someone's part?  When you think about it, someone had to come up with an idea first, try it, and get others to try it - for everything.  Plus "tried and true" products aren't a one size fits all kind of thing.  People are different, but they aren't stupid.  Someone could be very pleasantly surprised and discover a new product that becomes their tried and true.  Products don't last long in the market, though, if they end up being snake oil.  No matter what side of the coin one argues for or against, someone had to have an idea and pursue it.  The market will decide if something works and has staying power or not.

What if Christopher Columbus never tried something new?
What if Louis Pasteur never tested his theories? 
What if Marie Curie accepted "no" as an answer?

Certainly PTR isn't remotely on the same plane with the three I mentioned, but I think you get my drift.  The point is, you never know when something good can happen and a great ingredient will be discovered unless someone pursues an idea - original Matrixyl, for instance. 

Just another viewpoint.