Regular Contributor

I have been using this product successfully since last January. Almost overnight, my skin felt like sandpaper! Of course I have stopped using it,and have started using the gold bottle Aragon oil from Josie Marin with slow results. (Dr. appt. not until December unfortunately!) Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and if so what did you do?

Honored Contributor

Re: PTR retinol fusion serum

@Starpass - I have been using this product for a couple of years with no issues 

Are you shaking the bottle to mix the formula every time before application?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Starpass  If you are on the younger side, (or if you do not have acne) perhaps your skin does not need the extra- budge turnover that retinol provides.

Were you putting on a moisturizer over the retinol?

I believe PTR claims that his retinol is encapsulated, meaning that it is slowly releasing over a time period, and shouldn't increase dryness or adverse reaction. But it is (supposedly) also a higher percentage of retinol.

Honored Contributor

I have been using it for over a year and honestly do not know it it does ANYTHING AT ALL.

Honored Contributor

I tried using his product twice and both times stopped cuz I saw no difference.  Using a different retinol now and like it much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a bottle of his retinol as well - comes in a blue bottle, right?

I saw no difference at all.  The remainder is still sitting on my bathroom counter.  It probably isn't good anymore.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Retinol will cause increased cell turnover meaning there can be dry skin as a result of that. Exfoliation needs to be done to help eliminate the rough, dry skin. Covering it with moisturizers will not improve the situation. The dead skin needs to be removed so that skincare products can do their job.

Respected Contributor

Been using it for years, love it. Have great results----

almost no wrinkles at 70. 
I keep it in a dark place and shake before using. Sorry it didn't work for you, every one is different.

Honored Contributor

I saw no changes in my skin with this produict, it may as well have been water. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, it's a waste of money.  There are more effective options out there.