Honored Contributor

I have a question for all you PTR aficionados. I'm still a bit new no his line (~7 months).  Even more recently, I've become a PTR mask junkie, alternating between several a week. I'm not sure if I'm still supposed to use the Unwrinkle Peel Pads after I mask or use them on non-mask night only. Any suggestions?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I never heard how to use them with the masks - but I use them every night.  I only use a mask weekly but on that night I do use a pad after.

Then I use my Serious Skin Care after that. A lot of "stuff" but it works for me.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife, I love these - used these for years (love the rinse off).

I think if a mask has an "active" in it like an AHA or a BHA or if it's an enzyme type mask like a papaya/pumpkin type etc., they exfoliate to some degree and no PTR pad should be necessary on your mask night.

His pads seem quite gentle for me and why I like them but would not use any pad post mask at all...it will kind of ruin the purpose of a mask.

If you use let's say use PTR's rose mask or the cucumber mask, they are gentle and soothing, some give a lot of nice hydration. I'd not want to remove that from my skin (again it's the purpose for a mask). PS: I love the Algenist I think it's called firming mask? not sure of exact name but leave on, a bit then rinse off and WOW it's fab! especially if you have a special place to go, skin glows and is so nice..this post just reminded me to get a full sized one now.... it's been well over a year since I had a trail size of it and it was that good Smiley Wink

Hope this helps

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't use the peel pads and the pumpkin mask in the same day.  If you have one of the more soothing and hydrating masks I think they would work great after using the peel pad.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife  I am a PTR mask junkie as well!   I started with the FirmX peel.  I find that is a fabulous peel.  It might be a little off-putting to some because the product works while one massages their skin and the removed skin can be felt in the process.  However, afterwards, my skin accepts makeup so beautifully, that it looks like it was airbrushed on me.  It is expensive so I use it when I have a big date with my husband Smiley Happy

I am currently using his pumkin mask... about every third day.  I love the scent, the fact that a little goes a long way, and it works!  It makes my face look refreshed!  It is not a chore because I actually look forward to the process.

I have the un-wrinkle pads. The instructions on the back indicate they can be used with any other product.  However, I am not certain they contemplated using it with another exfoliating product.   I haven't tried the two together.  I have been so in love with the pumpkin mask that I haven't been using the un-wrinkle pads.  

In the future, I will start alternating products.  I think it might be little too much activity for my face, using them both, at the same time.  In addition, like food, I think it is important to change things up a bit and vary the products I use on my body.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input!  Just for the record, I use the following PTR masks:

Irish Moor Mud Mask (my #2 favorite)

Rose Mask (my #3 favorite)

Cucumber Mask

Pumpking Mask (my personal favorite)

Firm-X Peeling Mask

I tend to think using any of these I should refrain from the Unwrinkle Peel Pads.  I agree with one of the ladies who said it may really be too much to do all that on one night.

Aloha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I use the pumpkin mask, and can't use the peel pads after that...it burns badly.  Not necessary either...the mask does it all.   So NO...don't use the pads after masking.

Honored Contributor

I use his peel pads 3 or 4 nights a week.  I use his masks once a week.  I use his retinol pm every  other night. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"