Respected Contributor

Re: PTR...This makes me MAD :(

Plenty of people aren't mad - it's out of stock. I guess when you feel desparate you'll pay any amount.

It does say it was made by a local company, I think that's what he said.  He mentioned how that was supporting their business.  But it does have his name on the bottle.

Honored Contributor

In response to the current crisis, Peter Thomas Roth has repurposed part of our manufacturing facility to help combat the hand sanitizer shortage. Effective immediately, we will be manufacturing FDA-approved hand sanitizers with alcohol at 80%, packaged in luxury 2-ounce spray bottles that we have a limited amount of in stock and that were meant for a different product. Through this initiative, we hope to help those unable to find hand sanitizers and to help slow down the spread of COVID-19, enabling a greater number of people to stay healthy and sanitized.

As a small, privately held company we believe every little bit counts. This is why, when you purchase Peter Thomas Roth hand sanitizer, you’ll not only be helping yourself—you’ll also be helping Northwell Health, with over 800 hospitals and care centers across New York State, which currently has the highest number of COVID-19 cases in the US. In addition to providing Northwell Health with products, we will be donating a portion of product proceeds to their facilities.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 

I got the same email...my first thought was how tacky.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I found it a few days ago - 8 oz with free S&H
There was a little price gouging but not bad, not nearly as bad as described on this thread. I would have shared the info except for what happened when I tried to share a different "find" here a few days ago. I'm certainly not doing that any more.
Valued Contributor

I've went on youtube and they have (recipes) for lack of better terms, on how to make hand sanitizers. I hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI for those interested. PTR does animal testing.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

FYI for those interested. PTR does animal testing.

Peter Thomas Roth does not test any of our formulas or raw materials on animals but we believe in total transparency and will not claim that for the following reasons:

1. We cannot be certain that a raw material supplier has not now or at some time in the past tested an ingredient on animals. We do not knowingly purchase ingredients that have been tested on animals and inquire before purchasing ingredients but some staple ingredients that have been used in products for years may have been tested on animals in the past.

1. We do sell our products in China and some other countries that still do test on animals; though it is our understanding that China is moving towards stopping this practice. We are not alone in selling to China; nearly every major cosmetic company sells there. Also to be noted are that many major beauty retailers conduct business there including QVC and Sephora.

Please call 1-800-787-7546 if you have any questions. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm ET

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@hopi  I agree about the cruise ships.  Cruise ships are giant petri dishes even in the best of times.  .  They should have been called to port immediately when we saw where this nightmare was heading. Now there are some floating out there with deceased and sick people on them. How awful.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MrsCat21  I think he's gouging too. But I wouldn't buy anything from him anyway, he's creepy to me.  Glad you found some hand sanitizer fairly priced. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the post.  I bought a few bottles.  The price is high probably because of the fancy bottle, local manufacturing, and hospital donations.  I don't normally use hand sanitizer (prefer soap and water), except for individual towelettes for my purse when I am outside my home.  And now I have none.  We don't know what will happen next, so it will be good to have some.  I trust PTR more than unknown brands.  He is exceeding standards to make a quality product.  

The very cheap products that we buy everyday are not made in the USA.  We are suffering the consequences from the death of US manfufacturing in order to keep the prices low that we enjoy, while as Americans we enjoy higher salaries.  The cheap foreign made products must travel long distances to get here.  That is why we can't find things we need right now.

We can't fing anyone to make hospital gowns and other items to protect our healthcare providers!  Crazy!