Trusted Contributor

PTR...This makes me MAD :(

[ Edited ]

Hand sanitizer is so hard to find right now.  I was at Walgerens at the right time the other day when they were stocking the little 2 oz bottles .  I was able to get 2/$3.00 (4 oz total)

Just got an email from Peter Thomas Roth saying he now has hand sanitizer in stock.  $10 for a 2 oz spray bottle, no free shipping.  I am not buying it (even though I want it), pricing is ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

Re: PTR...This makes me MAD :(

Why are you surprised?  You should already know his prices are ridiculous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Designer hand sanitizer comes with a high price tag.

Besides, you got the better deal so why are you angry.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624Its a new product for his brand and in today's climate,  just thinking he MIGHT do the right thing and not price gouge.   I am not buying.  The post was just to vent and inform others that might need it that he now has it...

Honored Contributor

PTR items are NOT cheap.....none of them. it is a LUXURY brand that some will purchase and some wont. you are probably paying more for the packaging than anything. he is giving back though......and we do all have individual choices.

Hand Sanitizer Alcohol Antiseptic 80% Topical Solution

FDA-approved hand sanitizer contains Alcohol at 80%. Comes in a convenient, pocket-size luxury spray bottle (2 fl oz) for use when soap and water are not available. With your purchase, a portion of proceeds will go to Northwell Health, New York state’s largest health care provider.

Limit of 10 hand sanitizers per customer. This product does not qualify for shipping within 24 hours.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Some businesses are making a killing with this tragedy.

The economy can't be tanking.  Have had to spend more money on items

than ever.

That being said Cruiselines need to be banned.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi   totally agree about the cruise lines  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

PTR items are NOT cheap.....none of them. it is a LUXURY brand that some will purchase and some wont. you are probably paying more for the packaging than anything. he is giving back though......and we do all have individual choices.

Hand Sanitizer Alcohol Antiseptic 80% Topical Solution

FDA-approved hand sanitizer contains Alcohol at 80%. Comes in a convenient, pocket-size luxury spray bottle (2 fl oz) for use when soap and water are not available. With your purchase, a portion of proceeds will go to Northwell Health, New York state’s largest health care provider.

Limit of 10 hand sanitizers per customer. This product does not qualify for shipping within 24 hours.

Could referring to the container as a luxury spray bottle be a way to skirt around the price gouging during a crisis laws? I wonder why he doesn't disclose how much from each item will go to Northwell Health.

Honored Contributor

I have three bottles of hand sanitizer ...One bottle of 4 oz and two 2 oz bottles.  I never use the stuff.

I prefer soap and water and if I am  away from home, I like those wet sanitizer cloths in a tub.  I always keep a tub in my car.

I have asked friends, family and neighbors if they want my sanitizer and there are no takers.

I suppose not everyone wants or needs it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Some businesses are making a killing with this tragedy.

The economy can't be tanking.  Have had to spend more money on items

than ever.

That being said Cruiselines need to be banned.

@hopi   That's a given. If you're not stuck out in the ocean w/o clean water, etc. & no way to get to shore, they bring a literal boatload of infected people to the docks.