Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,666
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

PTR Retinol Liquid

So I this retinol worth the money for the large bottle? Is it strong enough to do anything?  I know it won some QVC award for best product.... but  I question if that really says anything.  What is the strength and is it strong enough to really make a difference? 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,700
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

It works for me, but it isn't prescription strength.  That said, it also doesn't burn or dry out my skin, which some prescription products can do.  The only way to know if it works for you, SeaMaiden, is to try it.  It's not cheap, I know, but if it works for you, it's worth it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,666
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid


@CamilleP wrote:

It works for me, but it isn't prescription strength.  That said, it also doesn't burn or dry out my skin, which some prescription products can do.  The only way to know if it works for you, SeaMaiden, is to try it.  It's not cheap, I know, but if it works for you, it's worth it.


@CamilleP     What improvements do you see since using it... do you REALLY know that it is working?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,831
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

I have used it for years. I like it. It is very gentle so if you can’t tolerate stronger stuff this is  great. It’s definitely helped with fine lines, wrinkles and crows feet. Only place it hasn’t done wonders with is my forehead lines. Nothing helps them much except Botox which I don’t do anymore.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,666
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid


@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have used it for years. I like it. It is very gentle so if you can’t tolerate stronger stuff this is  great. It’s definitely helped with fine lines, wrinkles and crows feet. Only place it hasn’t done wonders with is my forehead lines. Nothing helps them much except Botox which I don’t do anymore.


@Grouchomarx     will it help with discolorations and brown spots?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,833
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

I know there will be posters who disagree with me on this but I will just say what I know about retinols from a scientific pov. First thing about the container is that it offers no protection from light. That blue-tint does nothing in the way of preventing UV light from entering and destroying the light-sensitive retinol. The second thing about the container is that it offers no protection from the air which is another element that destroys retinol. The third issue is the shear volume of the container. Most retinols remain most effective for no longer than about one year, then after that the retinol rapidly deteriorates and becomes useless. 

 

I realize that the PTR retinol product says it contains an encapsulated form of retinol but based on what I know about retinols, the delivery system offered in that product does not show me any insurance that the encapsulated form will be resistant to the normal effects of the environmental elements mentioned here.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,092
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

@SilleeMeeMakes sense to me.  Years and years ago, my opthalmologist warned me not to waste money on blue lens for my glasses  Just as dangerous as no protection in his opinion.

 

As for the PTR retinol, it's npot as stong as prescriptions, but it's already strong enough for my old face.  I use it every other night (store it IN the vanity between times) and alternate with other brands of night serums.  

 

I can't even say what what's working for me -  genes, careful cleansing,lots of moisturizer, or the retinol + serums, but I do still get skin compliments.  Not bad for someone closer to 78 than 77 who went years without using sunscreen as well as being a yp-yo dieter.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,666
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

I found  some on Ebay for a great price and free shipping.  Will try it. Thanks everyone!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,831
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid


@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have used it for years. I like it. It is very gentle so if you can’t tolerate stronger stuff this is  great. It’s definitely helped with fine lines, wrinkles and crows feet. Only place it hasn’t done wonders with is my forehead lines. Nothing helps them much except Botox which I don’t do anymore.


@Grouchomarx     will it help with discolorations and brown spots?


Nope! I’ve given up on that.  It’s good for texture, lines, wrinkles, smoothness. It’s been helping my deep vertical chest creases lately. I only recently started using it for that. Brown spots are still there. It’s possible they’re lighter but I don’t remember.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,572
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: PTR Retinol Liquid

This is just my opinion.......There is nothing that can give you the results that Prescription strength Retin-A can give. If used properly you will get amazing results. It takes time. You must read and learn the right way to apply and use Retin-A.
❤️“We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead.”❤️