Frequent Contributor

I've used his Retinol for 5 or 6 years now. I love it. I got a tiny bottle with a sampler of about 5 of his products.  I started using it on the backs of my hands and arms too in the last year. I've had great results with his products. It's really helped with the fine lines and wrinkles, as well as the crepiness under my eyes. It's the place where I've seen the most improvement. I also use his Retinol Fusion PM Overnight Re-surfacing pads. After I started using the pads, I could really see a huge difference in my skin. Not every product works for every person.  I would definitely recommend his products.

Honored Contributor

I see that the large bottle is on sale.  I'm almost completely out of what I had.  I stopped the Auto-Delivery because it was just too much. So, since they only do this in June, 2 bottles apparently lasts me the year.  I have actually been happy with it.  I didn't have much in the way of wrinkles to begin with except that dreaded "1" line between the eyes and some deeper wrinkling in my forehead, and it does nothing for that.  For me, it seems to give me more clarity and evenness.  Possibly helps prevent crepeiness too.  

I don't know that I really need Retin-A at this point, and I'm not going to a dermatologist, so I guess my only other option would be trying the Cureology site.  I'm not sure I want to have to worry about waiting 20 minutes after washing my face to apply and then another 20 minutes to apply any serum or moisturizer either with the Retin-A.  My evening routine including taking care of my teeth takes up enough time.

I keept the big bottle in the vanity cabint which is dark and off-load into a small 1-ounce bottle to use.  I have been happy with the product for the current condition of my skin.  But, I do wish he would bring the 3% product to QVC in a large bottle.  That one's $85/oz which is too much for my pocketbook.

I'm not sure if I really know what 60 is supposed to look like, but recently have seen close-up pictures of some celebs under 60, including Celine Dione and Rachel Zoe, and my skin texture is much better than theirs.

Respected Contributor

the firm x for eyes has 5 different parabens in it! yikes.

Trusted Contributor

One of the problems with reviews on a product like this is the reviewers age. No one (or not many) say what age they are. It makes a big difference!

If you are 40-50 then your skin issues and wrinkling are very different than someone 60-80.

I am knocking on 65's door, and although I used up a big bottle from the last "big bottle sale", which was only $114., not $126., I honestly did not see much difference.

It is very gentle, so I used it every night. If it did anything it probably slowed down some of the depth of lines like the nose to mouth line, the 11's between my eyes, and maybe some of the patches of crepiness I see happening on my cheeks. It didn't take anything away, but nothing has become worse or deeper. So I guess that is a plus.

I have become accepting that there is no miracle cream out there. I know that the way I age is going to be the way I age. Most of my damage came years ago when I was a child, working on a farm, always outside, sunscreen wasn't even a product back then.

PTR said in one of his presentations that the big bottle has a 1 year MAX, so at least he admits that. I kept the big bottle in it's box that it came in so it was in the dark, but I agree with the air degradation from opening and closing the bottle every day. Vitamin C  products have the same problem, they break down too.

Isomers makes a product that is chemically just like Retinol without the harshness and life span problem of Retinol. It is called RetiNiacin or something like that. I might even have a bottle of that in my stash I should use up. I did like that product, and Manuela is a chemist so I believe her product is the same as Retinol, but her stuff is so expensive I can't buy very often.

Trusted Contributor

PTR tests on animals.

Trusted Contributor

I had a lg bottle of Retinol from PTR on my sink (because it wouldn't fit where I put my other stuff) and I hadn't used it for a long time if ever, so it was old. I used it on my skin for three days in a row and burnt my skin terribly. I thought I was getting shingles and went to the hosp emer rm. They diagnosed me as having dermatitis, refusing my diagnosis. I'd totally forgotten putting the Retinol on my face. I had several meds to take to get my face back to normal plus I used Tacha, which is ultra-mild.

@SilleeMee I'm a member of your fan club, but this happened to me, honest.

I've since used it and broke my skin in and just ordered more.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon 

I don't understand....?? why would you order more PTR retinol if it gave you dermatitis?

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

PTR tests on animals.

Animals with wrinkles?

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee I'm sorry, I didn't finish. After my face healed, I began using it the correct way, applying every third night, then every other night, then every night and have found it really does work for me. I put it on with a cotton swab before, then got dermatitis.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@SilleeMee I'm sorry, I didn't finish. After my face healed, I began using it the correct way, applying every third night, then every other night, then every night and have found it really does work for me. I put it on with a cotton swab before, then got dermatitis.

Oh okay. So your skin was shocked in the beginning and then it got used to it and settled down...good thing. Glad it's working for you now.Woman Happy @wishmoon