Super Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@MissSugarKane why strange?

Not trying to be rude but if you don't see it as strange there is no explanation I could give that would make you see it that way so why bother. To me it is strange news. 

It isn't strange if you take the time to read about his upbringing.  Here you go:

While clinical skin care and beauty have been my passion and my grandparents' history, fine jewelry has been my best-kept secret. After all, I practically grew up in my parent's jewelry workshop in Manhattan.

Since 1939, my father, and later my mother, brought to life the designs of many of the renowned artists, celebrities and impresarios who would call on them. I learned by watching them firsthand, and throughout my life their inspiration and expertise have remained steadfast with me.

In my youth, I spent many days on Fifth Avenue in the opulence of one of New York's most prestigious museums. There, I volunteered in the Jewelry Reproduction department, mastering the very art that my parents had practiced for decades. On Mondays when the museum was closed, I would wander the galleries like an explorer.

Trusted Contributor

Actually, I thought it was strange too.  Seemed like a leap to go from cosmetics to your own jewelry line.  I didn't know about his background.  Makes more sense now.

Honored Contributor

no desire to buy any of his jewlery ever since his company started testing on animals again. I don't want to give him any of my money.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't know he tested on animals. Sorry Peter, I know you probably don't care, but you won't be getting my money.  I do love the clip they show with him and his wife digging in the mud in Ireland and hauling buckets out.  What's he going to do, bring it home in his carry on!

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

Didn't know he tested on animals. Sorry Peter, I know you probably don't care, but you won't be getting my money.  I do love the clip they show with him and his wife digging in the mud in Ireland and hauling buckets out.  What's he going to do, bring it home in his carry on!

what I thought was sad about that was when he was talking about how pristine that area is and the mud is nutrient rich due to the undisturbed groundfor thousands of years or whatever it was and there he goes, destroying it all by dig several feet deep pits everywhere! So yeah, it WAS pristine and untouched. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Eh. His family has been in the fine jewelry business for generations; he grew up in the industry and worked in it before moving to beauty. Honestly, I think his move into beauty is what's strange.

His link bracelet is excellent quality and very heavy. Classic, no bling.. just perfect.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a lovely ring from PTR's Ribbon and Reed collection when debuted-very good value and it's a lovely piece. PTR"s family was/is in the jewelry business.

Regular Contributor

Strange means different, unusual, surprising. I never said it was bad or negative. I love many strange things. PTR jewelry won't be one of them however.

Respected Contributor

I thought the prices were outrageous!