Honored Contributor

PSA: Hip Hip Hooray For Bidets (Round 2)

Round one got deleted because I included a link.  I don't hang around here all the time and forgot.  My bad Smiley Sad

So, in light of the current t-paper shortage (or hoarding) and for those that don't have a bidet(s) attachments on their toilets, now would be a good time to consider one or one for each bathroom.  And if you think they are expensive, well, they are, but they're also not.  You can buy electric bidet seats that are over $1000.  Back in 2007 my Toto was bidet seat was $675 and that was with a discount because I bought two.  We also have one that cost $50 and it does everything you need it to do without the extra cost for foo-foo things like deodorizers and heated seats.  I dunno, that heated seat is heavenly on a cold winter morning!  I guess you'll  have to google them yourself or I'll get deleted again.  But a bidet attachment can drastically cut down the need for toilet paper AND clean better.  There are non-electrical bidets that also  have warm water.  On my Toto the water is heated instantly.  With a non electrical bidet with warm water wash, it would have to come thru your hot water tap via the bathroom sink.  They start at about $50.

Super Contributor

Re: PSA: Hip Hip Hooray For Bidets (Round 2)

Showers and tub baths still readily available where I live.

As long as I am physically able, the option of showering daily will be my 'go to'.

Bidets....uhh, no.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

As long as I am physically able, the option of showering daily will be my 'go to'.

Bidets....uhh, no.

@Maestra1 

Bidets have a different function than showers.

They are to wash after going to the toilet. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

Bidets....uhh, no.

@Maestra1 

Yes that's what I thought they are for....but I have a question if anyone can answer it.  If the water shoots from the back to the front isn't that a really bad idea for women??  Get what I am saying LOL!

Also you still need something to "dry" off.....right??

I know almost zero about bidets so please go easy on me hereWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   Don't feel badly, I'm in the dark, as well. We've had them several times in hotel bathrooms, looked them over, pressed buttons not riding it...don't get it at all.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 What???  Maybe  you don't know what the functionality of a bidet is???  You Tube and Google are  your friends.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite Yes, you still need to dry off but that takes way less t-paper.  And no, water doesn't "shoot from back to front".  

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

Bidets....uhh, no.

@Maestra1 

Yes that's what I thought they are for....but I have a question if anyone can answer it.  If the water shoots from the back to the front isn't that a really bad idea for women??  Get what I am saying LOL!

We have them in both bathrooms.  Ours have a piece that is hidden until you chose which way you want to clean, one for just the back,  one for just the vaginal area, and also has one that kind of rotates. They do not clean from back to front. They also have a  warm air dry feature. You can select how warm you want the water ,and can be programed for auto settings for 2 people. There is a timer feature that we have never used.  The brand name is Toto. We love ours and wouldn't be with out them.  

Trusted Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

Bidets....uhh, no.

@Maestra1 

We have them in both bathrooms.  Ours have a piece that is hidden until you chose which way you want to clean, one for just the back,  one for just the vaginal area, and also has one that kind of rotates. They do not clean from back to front. They also have a  warm air dry feature. You can select how warm you want the water ,and can be programed for auto settings for 2 people. There is a timer feature that we have never used.  The brand name is Toto. We love ours and wouldn't be with out them.  

I forgot that the seat is also heated.