Respected Contributor

PRAI Potent Vitamin C & Copper Question ~

Hey Ladies ~ I don't quite know how to ask this question without sounding unkind, or disrespectful, as that is NOT my intention.

So, here goes...  I read many reviews online and at HSN on the PRAI Potent C with Copper Serum.  The reviews are good.  Supposed to help with fading of age/sun spots.

I then watched the HSN video with the PRAI Rep.  She demonstrated the serum on the top of her hand.  She had sun spots on the top of her hand.  So, are age/sun spots on hands different than on the face?  Seems like her using this on her hands it would lighten those spots too?

What am I missing here besides a sales pitch?  Sun spots are sun spots wherever they may be... right?  Smiley Frustrated

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: PRAI Potent Vitamin C & Copper Question ~

Perhaps It’s because she only demonstrates it on her hand occasionally and does not use it with regularity like one would on their face

Honored Contributor

If a vendor rep used all the products they represent, or even all the products they claim to use, they'd get hives.

This Potent C cream and serum are only as valuable as the percentage of vitamin C in the products.  Did she say how much C is in there? When I look at the ingredient lists, the serum seems like it might be stronger than the cream. And the vitamin C level in the cream looks weak. I also would expect more sun spot ingredients if that is what they are marketing them for.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Prai uses THD ascorbate in their Potent formulation. THD is effective at concentrations as low as 1% for brightening and age spot reduction at about 7 to 10%. THD ascorbate is an oil and is a highly effective form of VC. You can expect to pay more for serums containing this kind of VC. It's sort of the new kid on the block as far as VC is concerned in skincare. I use it myself.

Honored Contributor

I am not the expert here, but didnt we used to say that Vit C and Copper should not be mixed, as they cancel each other out, please correct me if I am wrong

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am not the expert here, but didnt we used to say that Vit C and Copper should not be mixed, as they cancel each other out, please correct me if I am wrong

VC and CP can be mixed and used together if the VC is a certain kind. For example, MAP and THD can be used with CPs. This has to do with the chemical structure of those types of VC and their reactivity with copper ions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

VC and CP can be mixed and used together if the VC is a certain kind. For example, MAP and THD can be used with CPs. This has to do with the chemical structure of those types of VC and their reactivity with copper ions.

Thanks, I know Manuela always said hers can be mixed!!

I think she used MAP in the past but her new C is Ethyl Ascorbic Acid. 

Respected Contributor

Thank You Ladies.  I do appreciate your opinions and knowledge on so many different products.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey