Trusted Contributor

PORE REDUCER PRODUCT QUESTION

I have just recently noticed that I am in need of a product that helps to reduce pores.  I've done some research on the Internet, but geez -- there are a million products. 

Does anyone here have a favorite product that does the job well?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: PORE REDUCER PRODUCT QUESTION

[ Edited ]

@12andcounting wrote:

I have just recently noticed that I am in need of a product that helps to reduce pores.  I've done some research on the Internet, but geez -- there are a million products. 

Does anyone here have a favorite product that does the job well?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Using a Foreo Luna (but now I have a dupe because my original stopped working) and Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil did it for me.  I also use the Skinn pore cleanser and pore magnet mask roughly every 7-10 days as kind of a maintenence thing, though I'd probably be fine without it. 

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting,   If you can get by an ULTA try Benefits POREfessional.  It is suppose to reduce the look of pores.  I personally have not tried it out but I know other Beauties on this board have and like it.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@12andcounting,   If you can get by an ULTA try Benefits POREfessional.  It is suppose to reduce the look of pores.  I personally have not tried it out but I know other Beauties on this board have and like it.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

I use this every day on my nose and it does a good job of making your pores less noticeable.  I also like Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore filler but that is pricier.  Both products last a very long time because you only need a very tiny amount.

Valued Contributor

was searching for the same one.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a dermatologist, and I'll tell you what I recommend to all my patients.  Get some Differin gel.  It used to be available by prescription only, but it is now available over-the-counter.  Same formula, but much less expensive.

Differin is in the same class of medications as Retin A.  It will rebuild collagen, shrink pores, treat acne, minimize and prevent wrinkles, repair sun damage and prevent skin cancer.  Here's how to use

1. Always use ONLY at BEDTIME.  If you apply retinoids during the day, you will get a sunburn.
  2. Wash your face
  3. Apply a light, mild moisturizer like Aveeno, Cetaphil, Cerave, etc.
  4. Appy a dime sized amount of Differin to your face.  Just divide the Differin up and use your fingertips to rub it in.  A little goes a long way.  If your feel like you can't make the dime sized amount of Differin cover your whole face, either wet your finger tips or use a little more moisturizer to make it spread easier.
  5. Use Differin only two or three times per week for great results.

Now results are slow, it make take a month or two to start seeing results, but stick with it.  This is a forever thing that should become a regular part of your skin care routine.  A good retinoid, like Differin or Retin A, along with SPF thirty EVERY DAY, even in the winter, is the fountain of youth.

So, why are you just now hearing about this? Because Differin is newly available OTC, and Retin A still requires a prescription.  Even so, if you are over eighteen most medical insurances will not cover even generic Retin A because these medications were traditionally developed to treat acne, and insurance companies think acne stops at eighteen.

Tell all your friends!  By the way, I have absolutely no financial interest in Differin.  It just works, and I'm trying to be helpful.

Trusted Contributor

@Lilpuddin

First of all, let me thank you for such a lengthy and informative response.  It was so nice of you to take so much of your time to do so.  I will definitely look into this.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To @12andcounting; regardless of the products you choose to use, I recommend cleaning your face daily with a Clairsonic. 

Over time, pores can accumulate makeup, sunscreen, and other gunk. I swear my pores are smaller since I started using Clairsonic,  I know they look smaller.

Edited to add:

After posting I saw my post mysteriously changed font, size, and color all by itself in the middle of my post again. If I had a mouse it would be swipe, click, click and fixed. That's just another glitch when posting on a smartfone. After it changes by itself it refuses to be corrected.

I apologize. I realize that makes it harder to read.

Super Contributor

@Lilpuddin Thank you for your detailed post. I was interested in Differin when it came out OTC - it greatly helped my husband and his larger pores - but I'm confused when I read the product information on their website. It does not talk at all about anything but acne and smoother skin. I would love to use it to increase collagen and all the benefits you mentioned, but I'm not seeing that listed.

Honored Contributor

For me the best thing I have found to clean out my pores is usually one that contains clay. Someone here recommended this mask and I've been hooked ever since. When you put it on it starts to bubble up and it tickles your face.Woman LOL I leave it on for about 10 minutes then rinse off. I'm left with most glowing, smoothest, softest and poreless skin ever! If you don't believe me, read the reviews over on amazon...a-mazing!

2825548.JPG

It's like less than $10 for a 2-oz jar. Made in Korea. Comes with a teeney spatula but I use a foundation brush like this to apply it:

images.jpg