Honored Contributor

POP SONIC USERS?

[ Edited ]

I watched a presentation of the Pop Sonic exfoliator and many models who were demonstrating it, after rinsing, had red irritated looking faces. 

Does anyone use this device and what’s your experience?

Honored Contributor

I just think it is all hype.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: POP SONIC USERS?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I watched a presentation of the Pop Sonic exfoliator and many models who were demonstrating it, after rinsing, had red irritated looking faces. 

Does anyone use this device and what’s your experience?

@Shanus  I don’t use this exact one.  Mine is a similar, less expensive dupe.  I don’t think it really exfoliates as well as other methods.  I think the redness comes from the stimulation of the face and bringing blood to the surface rather than an irritation.  My face will pink up a little but it isn’t sore or burning in any way and returns to normal quickly.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I bought one of these thing from Amazon quite some time ago for $18., because I thought my old (10+ years) Clarisonic was dying and I wanted a cheaper option.  So the Clarisonic lumbers on to this day and I still haven't tried the new-fangled thing.

I know we've had eyebrow discussions...have you tried this new tattoo thing with the multi tined applicator?  It looks like a tiny fork and is supposed to produce realistic looking "hairs".  It's also supposed to last longer than a pencil line.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: POP SONIC USERS?

[ Edited ]

I have a Foreo which is pretty much the same thing as this Pop Sonic.  I like it.  It does not make my face red at all.  I think these models are putting on all this thick makeup and removing it over and over again which would make anyone get red skin.

I use to have the Sonicare... it quit recharging so I bought the Foreo on HSN and pretty much said goodby to my sonicare with the expensive replaceable brushes. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus.  I bought one of these thing from Amazon quite some time ago for $18., because I thought my old (10+ years) Clarisonic was dying and I wanted a cheaper option.  So the Clarisonic lumbers on to this day and I still haven't tried the new-fangled thing.

I know we've had eyebrow discussions...have you tried this new tattoo thing with the multi tined applicator?  It looks like a tiny fork and is supposed to produce realistic looking "hairs".  It's also supposed to last longer than a pencil line.

@Kachina624   No, haven’t seen that brow product. I’m staying w/ my BB Brow Kit (powder) and/or IT Taupe pencil.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I love my Pop Sonic Leaflet.  It is smaller and fits in your hand (perfect size).   It is bigger than the Bud.   I think the TSV is too big and the Bud too small.  Anyway, you can adjust the speed on this device.  One side is for cleansing and the other for massage.  If I get redness it is brief like if you rub your face but it is NOT irritating.  Honestly, I do not remember getting redness.  It definitely cleans the pores.  I actually have sensitive skin and have had no problems.  I personally would never buy the Clarisonic.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I have the Foreo Luna, which is believe is similar to the pop sonic, and really like it.  It doesn't anger my sensitive skin, rosacea, etc.  I use mine once a week.  When the time comes to replace it, I would purchase it again.

Super Contributor

I have had a Foreo for several years.  No redness or irritation.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a Solo Mio on Amazon for less than $40.  Very similar to the Foreo or this device.  It's smaller than the one in the TSV and more rounded.  It's two-sided also and has adjustible speeds.  It doesn't make my face red or not any redder than it already is.  I bought it in September and as far as I can remember I haven't yet had to recharge it.