Honored Contributor

Re: PLease stop the excessive finger dipping

@Margo Channing wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

FINGER DIPPING: presenters give the impression that finger dipping is also the proper way to apply creams.... great way to contaminate cream w/ germs & bacteria. I keep little popsicle sticks where I apply makeup. I use them for day/nite cream, eye cream and even liquid makeups or tinted moisturizers w/o pumps.  Not only are products kept cleaner, but by using a stick or small spatula to swipe a small amt. on back of my hand & use from there...my products last much longer.

Oh for crying out loud. If this is your biggest problem {too many fingers in a jar} you really must have a stress-free life.

Tragically, my musical career ENDED for this very reason. I once was told that I had AMAZING potential as a tuba soloist, and actually had a superb tuba concerto composed just for me.

One day while practicing a particularly vigorous passage, my seventh finger slipped into my spit valve, pulling the rest of my digits to their destiny. No matter what I tried after a protracted healing period, my technique was irreparably ruined. 

I've often pondered how different my life could have been, if only I'd dipped instead of slipped...........

Honored Contributor

@blanketteSure, why not?   Back in the days when I went out to dance, it took about 5 seconds to make a decision as to whether I'd accept a request to dance..  Some things are just not worth my time when my mind has already made itself up.  Sounds weird, nut my mind has its own mind sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

IMissSuperPoke wrote:

How come my post about dipping butt into the jar got poofed while others stay? Jill was finger dipping with Josie tonight. Both were making jokes. Maybe they saw these comments here.

@IMissSuperPoke, so your comment on dipping / or kind of like sitting in the jar, got a boot in the b-utt ... when I see the 'deletion' of a post, sometimes I wonder who posted & what was said. 

Sorry, but I have no real answer to your question, as to why one gets removed and another stays posted while they say the same thing ... more than likely it was someone (judging your post by their standards) who reported it as inappropriate.

I like JM products and purchase them at her site and on the Q.  However, I'm not a fan of the finger dipping & swirling.

Valued Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Margo Channing wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

FINGER DIPPING: presenters give the impression that finger dipping is also the proper way to apply creams.... great way to contaminate cream w/ germs & bacteria. I keep little popsicle sticks where I apply makeup. I use them for day/nite cream, eye cream and even liquid makeups or tinted moisturizers w/o pumps.  Not only are products kept cleaner, but by using a stick or small spatula to swipe a small amt. on back of my hand & use from there...my products last much longer.

Oh for crying out loud. If this is your biggest problem {too many fingers in a jar} you really must have a stress-free life.

Tragically, my musical career ENDED for this very reason. I once was told that I had AMAZING potential as a tuba soloist, and actually had a superb tuba concerto composed just for me.

One day while practicing a particularly vigorous passage, my seventh finger slipped into my spit valve, pulling the rest of my digits to their destiny. No matter what I tried after a protracted healing period, my technique was irreparably ruined. 

I've often pondered how different my life could have been, if only I'd dipped instead of slipped...........

@violann - Well, we all know a slip and a dip can sink a ship!

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel, best response ever. Laughed out loud, and I really needed it. ☺
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@blanketteSure, why not?   Back in the days when I went out to dance, it took about 5 seconds to make a decision as to whether I'd accept a request to dance..  Some things are just not worth my time when my mind has already made itself up.  Sounds weird, nut my mind has its own mind sometimes.

@millieshops

Another graduate of the Scarlet O'Hara School of Advanced Decision Making .... lol.

Honored Contributor

What do you want, bubbles or fingers?

Super Contributor

Sorry to bring this up again, but just caught Josie and Kirsten presenting the super sized body butter.  I am pro finger dipping!  I grab the remote when I hear the fake French woman discovery story.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

It's fine for TV presentations, however I don't buy stuff in jars if I can avoid it. A germ pool.

I just can't understand it. If you've just taken a shower and are now going to apply something out of a jar, how dirty can your hands/fingers be?? And if you don't know, then wash them first and then, DIP!   Easy Peasy.

@Judaline  I was thinking the very same thing.  I moiturize after a shower when I am clean, my hands are clean.  I am the only one using the jar.  If there are germs, they are MY germs. 

BTW I love Josie and her enthusiasm for her product, no matter what time of day she is presenting.  When she gave her Argon/Morrocan woman story today, she sighed first, as if , here we go again.  The hosts ask her to tell it.  What is she suppose to do, make up a new one? LOL

Oh, and if you kept applying over and over, it is going to sit on top of your skin. Only so much cream is going to soak in at a time.   Dip away, Josie!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke - Don't worry about it.  I had a comment poofed as well, probably because I made a comment on Ms. Maran's choice of (lack of) attire in one presentation.

Love your avatar!  Smiley Happy