Honored Contributor

Re: PLease stop the excessive finger dipping

FINGER DIPPING: presenters give the impression that finger dipping is also the proper way to apply creams.... great way to contaminate cream w/ germs & bacteria. I keep little popsicle sticks where I apply makeup. I use them for day/nite cream, eye cream and even liquid makeups or tinted moisturizers w/o pumps.  Not only are products kept cleaner, but by using a stick or small spatula to swipe a small amt. on back of my hand & use from there...my products last much longer.

Honored Contributor

I love when the guest says, 'My elbows and knees are so dry but when I put this on, they're like silk, ummmmm.' I'm thinking, lady, if you slather that stuff on your body all day and night, HOW COULD YOUR SKIN BE DRY ANYWHERE???

Esteemed Contributor

This is all so funny to me....the fact that "finger dipping" bothers people. 😄

Im saying that with love in my heart; not intended to be negative. I truly find it amusing. 

Trusted Contributor

Doesnt bother me but it had the opposite affect....made me not buy the super size as I was thinking how many germs would be swimming in the cream after the supposed 5 month life of the jar. LOLOL. Cancelled. WIll stick to the 8 oz thanks. LOLOL

Trusted Contributor

slathering on and looking greasy is more of a turn off for potential buyers. The optics is so messed up, the girls look like grease pits.  I would think a good moisturizer should sink right in and that should be the focus of the presention rather than look all shiny & greased up.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Everytime I see the finger dipping, I purchase more of the product.  Every single time.  Sometimes multiple times in the same presentation.  Now I am surrounded by argon oil cremes and lotions.  My home is overtaken by boxes. But I can't stop buying, and it is all due to the finger dipping.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Everbody's got to have a phobia I guess.  

They are demonstrating a product.  Good grief.

Respected Contributor

It's fine for TV presentations, however I don't buy stuff in jars if I can avoid it. A germ pool.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Those beauty shows are the ones I just can't watch.  The dipping and then slathering it all over the arms and legs is a major turn off for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never really get the point of it. It's a body cream. It says so on the label, on the graphic, and they repeat it 20 times in 5 minutes. It has the consistency of a body cream. What are they trying to show us?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat