Super Contributor

Re: PLEASE no more christmas until after Thanksgiving.....

I agree...it's too much and we get bored & tired of it before the season even gets here. They overdo it to a fault. Just after Halloween is the soonest they should start. I hate seeing the decorations in the stores already...Halloween and Christmas coming out together? Somebody has to be quite desperate to get in on a piece of the action. I am not buying until it is closer.

I am worn out with Christmas already. It is talked about and sold for months now. It only lasts one day and isn't worth all the month's of hype!

Valued Contributor

Totally not interested in it either. I have lots of Christmas decorations that I've had for years that I decorate with for very sentimental reasons so buying new things every year is just not my thing. I still love putting decorations on the tree that my son made me when he was a child and he is turning 26! But they are precious to me. The lights we put on our house are tasteful, we are not looking to have a house that can be seen from outer space so I don't need all the new gimmicky ones they show on QVC. I'm about tradition and sentiment for the holidays to make it cozy and meaningful.

Honored Contributor

No ho ho hos before Thanksgiving either.

Honored Contributor

Well .... there's only ONE thing that any of us can do if these shows persist ...

And that is to NOT WATCH these wrong season shows ..... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

there are plenty of other channels, if you want to watch TV. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Mail order is, for me, an exception to the "Christmas after Thanksgiving" rule. I do wish they'd not start in July and wait for September, but given how much slower QVC processes and ships things compared to Amazon, I do think they need to start before Thanksgiving.

Valued Contributor

Barf. I don't even want to see or hear that X word. Gag. Puke.