Honored Contributor

I’m watching the recording of PM Style and of course at least 4 presentations of the Philosophy TSV. My question is, how could that peel be strong enough to do anything worthwhile if the same models are rolling/scrubbing it over their faces so many times during the 24 hrs.?

Any peels or facial scrubs I’ve used, once a day is more than enough and twice a week is recommended. False advertising for darn sure!!! Shame on Philosophy. 

Honored Contributor

Oh @Shanus, I would hardly call it false advertising! The models could have applied makeup in between demos or simply pushed it out further on their skin.  It seemed to me the models were getting very little off after repeated uses.  Amy, had a ton off her hand since she probably had other product on prior.

It is the exact same product PTR came out with a long time ago.

I use it all the time and love it. (PTR) Works really well at gently sloughing off old skin.  It is sold out at Ulta all the time.

Don't rush to accusations!  Try it....either PTR or Philosophy.  It is a fantastic alternative to harsh beads and scrubs.

Honored Contributor

Re: PHILOSOPHY’S TSV PEEL

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Oh @Shanus, I would hardly call it false advertising! The models could have applied makeup in between demos or simply pushed it out further on their skin.  It seemed to me the models were getting very little off after repeated uses.  Amy, had a ton off her hand since she probably had other product on prior.

It is the exact same product PTR came out with a long time ago.

I use it all the time and love it. (PTR) Works really well at gently sloughing off old skin.  It is sold out at Ulta all the time.

Don't rush to accusations!  Try it....either PTR or Philosophy.  It is a fantastic alternative to harsh beads and scrubs.

@RespectLife  I prefer an acid peel rather than irritating my skin by rubbing it w/ any granules. I have used PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads (acid) for a few years and love them.

***Sorry if I came on strong and offended you in any way.

Trusted Contributor

What I found so ridiculous was they kept stating that it was so new....never done before!!!!!  I guess they had never heard ot PTR.  He has had this for years!!!!!  I have used the one from PTR and I love it. 

Honored Contributor

No, no offense taken or meant in return!

I just think QVC does its best to stay w/in legal guielines and not make false statements or staged phoney demos.

It doesn't have any granules or beads or scubbies!  That's what I love about it.   It is a soft cream.  You can let the cream sit and then gently roll away the yucky.  It rinses beautiful and my skin feels baby soft.

I tried Exfolikate and I swear for days...I was still finding the beads on my skin!  LOL  Even in the shower some of these exfoliators w/ harsh beads seem impossible to rinse clean.  Other brands of exfoliators as well.

Respected Contributor

All I can say is that I got tired of seeing them doing it! I also don't like anytime they do the demonstrations of any products with just a bowl of water. I always just think Yuck there is no way they are getting that stuff rinsed off good.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’m watching the recording of PM Style and of course at least 4 presentations of the Philosophy TSV. My question is, how could that peel be strong enough to do anything worthwhile if the same models are rolling/scrubbing it over their faces so many times during the 24 hrs.?

Any peels or facial scrubs I’ve used, once a day is more than enough and twice a week is recommended. False advertising for darn sure!!! Shame on Philosophy. 

Also on the previous night the one model (Amy) was using the DermaFlash and showing how it is used. Then on the next day showing how the Philosophy TSV Peel worked. My question would be if the DermaFlash worked why all the excess skin debris the next day using the Philosophy TSV Peel? 😱Just a thought and observation..........False advertising?
Respected Contributor

There are numerous companies that make this exact same type of peel.  It's very gentle, you can literally use it every day if you want. I have the Peter Thomas Roth one and also tried another called Neogen code 9 pore peeling mousse. It was the same.  I do think the presenations for ALL these items are misleading to some degree. It's a marketing ploy to make you think your face is covered in mysterious filth that only these masks can remove.  Anyway I don't know why Philosophy thought they needed to reinvent the wheel here.  There is plenty of copycatting out there in beauty though.  It Cosmetics came out with a cleanser that is literally the exact same thing as Purity Made Simple.  Why bother?  I guess they feel their fan base wants their brand version of the item.