Honored Contributor

PHILOSOPHY AND NO PUMPS

[ Edited ]

Why does a huge company not put a pump on their 16 oz bath gels?

Even $ store hand soaps have a pump.

It's really hard and annoying to use those bottles. A pump would be nice.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I stopped buying Phil washes due to all the chemicals and dyes in there, but I always empty the 16 oz ones into a empty 32 oz that has the pump. 

Esteemed Contributor

@catlover I agree with you. I make it a point to NOT buy that size for that reason. I like the little squeeze bottles or the 32 oz size with hefty pumps.

Honored Contributor

I stopped buying Philosophy when they sold out to Coty, who is NOT cruelty free.

I was an avid Philosophy fan for years and still have quite a stash from before they sold out and will use those up, but won't buy anymore now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

This is my big complaint also. It's virtually impossible for me to squeeze a 16 oz. bottle and it's also awkward to do so in the shower. Would prefer to use the 16 oz. bottles as I like to rotate the seasonal scents but usually opt for the 32 oz. with the pump.

Actually, I've become so disillusioned with the obvious changes in Philosophy products lately that it's almost a moot point for me. The last couple shower gels I've ordered are virtually scentless even right out of the bottle and the fragrances have gotten perfumey and alcohol laden. I miss their fresh, clean scented products from the Christina Carlino days. 

Super Contributor

I purchased Purity and the plastic bottle is so hard I can't squeeze it out, I have to take the top off and shake it out, this is my last Philosophy product.

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Might you have thrown them out? My son takes my boxes and recycles them, and one day came back with the pumps. Check your box if you still have it.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@catlover wrote:

Might you have thrown them out? My son takes my boxes and recycles them, and one day came back with the pumps. Check your box if you still have it.

Their 16 oz bottles are always pumpless !!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@catlover I agree with you. I make it a point to NOT buy that size for that reason. I like the little squeeze bottles or the 32 oz size with hefty pumps.

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot squeeze those hard plastic bottles with one hand so trying to get lotion out is just about impossible, even storing it upside down is of no help.

Honored Contributor

I have one pump in this size left from years ago, so I keep recirculating it.  No idea where I got it.  I frequently decant one product into another jar with a silicone funnel.  Time consuming but worth it.  I've noticed that if a bottle in the shower does not have a pump, it just sits there.  Moral of this story, save any pump bottle you get from any product, and transfer products if necessary.